PDA

View Full Version : BB defense against a CALL

rjb03
09-25-2004, 10:39 PM
$10 stars SNGs
I typically find the BB easier to defend against a raise than against a call when I think I have a decent read on a player. How often do you raise 3 or 4 handed on the BB to your standard raise and with what range of hands? I find that too often the SB feels somehow committed after putting in a call to the BB and is raised to 3x BB, as if this somehow offends him and he will play any two cards, which makes it difficult to play postflop. Also, doing this too often will sometimes cause the SB to limp in with his best hands and reraise your marginal raising hands. This also causes me to think about what he thinks I have and is he putting a move on me, especially if I haven't gone to showdown with him while making one of the blind raises? Calling here would commit you to the pot and it is hard to get away from when you don't have a decent enough stack. Reraising all in seems to be the only way to figure out if it was a legit reraise or not. I know for a fact that I will check behind the SB so often that it is probably a leak in my game and he will show down trash more often than gold. Am I too generous allowing random hands to see a flop that have no business in the pot?