PDA

View Full Version : I'm a wuss?

eL CardinaL
09-25-2004, 09:56 PM
All fold to me on the button I raise with two red nines. BB and Sb calls. Flop is A96.. suits doesnt matter. Both check I bet sb folds and BB raises. BB is terrible and raises + caps which could mean anything from a small set to 87o. I call planning to CR on turn. Turn is a 10. BB bets i raise BB reraise I call. River brick BB bets I call. Did I play like a wuss?

spydog
09-26-2004, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the forum. I've seen you at some of my tables. You play well.

Anyway, I would cap the turn and call if he leads the river. If he's LAGGY like you say, then you need to be very aggressive when you hit your set, especially with an ace on the flop. These are the juciest pots. With your description, I might keep firing on the flop in hopes that he hit his ace or even 2 pair.

AlwaysWrong
09-26-2004, 06:25 AM
I would put every bet in on the river that I could... sure, you're not a lock, but fearing 87, AA or TT against someone who would probably play like this with Ax doesn't seem reasonable. He probably has an A and made 2-pair on the flop or turn. Milk him for all he's worth.

kiddo
09-26-2004, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fearing 87, AA or TT against someone who would probably play like this with Ax doesn't seem reasonable

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

Slow down against a rock, not against anyone else.

tripdad
09-26-2004, 05:59 PM
get as much in there as possible. no reason to slow down at all here IMO. will you lose sometimes? yeah, but not very often at all.

cheers!

Jeff W
09-26-2004, 11:16 PM
The more likely he is on a straight draw, the more likely you should be to raise here. Also, you make it sound like aggressive betting isn't going to slow him down. If it's not, then I see no reason not to cap every street.

I like to think of how often I'm beaten given the board and the betting so far. If I have a set on a board w/ only 2 overcards, no flush and 3 non-consecutive straight cards, then my hand is almost always good.

Let's give him a reasonable hand: Any pair AA-TT+66. Any two pair hand or any straight draw. Any pair of aces with any kicker. If he has one of these reasonable hands which include a few hands that beat you, you are a 9:1 equity favorite according to Pokerstove. Given your read, I don't think there was enough betting to indicate that he didn't have a weaker hand, so you probably were even more likely to be ahead.

Hope I could help.

eL CardinaL
09-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Ok remember this guy is BB, I was pretty wasted when I posted this so he could have anything. THis guy would cap in first position with a flush draw and keep betting even if he didnt hit so thats why I was scared of 87 when he started raising like crazy.
Anyways he showed AQ and told me to go do something nasty with myself. Next time Ill cap this and the some.

eL CardinaL
09-30-2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks btw. You play at PS? Gimme a shout and we can keep eachother outta of eachothers way. That sounded wrong but oh well.