PDA

View Full Version : Party Problems

RacersEdge
09-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Recently, I have an issue with the betting buttons dissappearing while playing PP. It seems now that other players are claiming the same thing. I've been playing there for about 10 months - never had an issue until recently - when I got a new computer. PP wants me to be a test case - I sent them some trace routing information. I'm seriuosly thinking of dropping them if this continues. Are other sites like PokerStars better connection-wise?

belowpoverty
09-25-2004, 09:10 PM
I've had this happen to me a couple of times, but only when my computer (with cheapo dialup connection) is struggling to download something else with a lot of pictures/graphics. For instance, I have learned that I cannot be browsing this site or internet news sites and expect to play on party at the same time. However I can browse rgp and several other "all words no pictures" sites with no problems. It's all those nasty little pictures that take so long to download that gum up the works.

RacersEdge
09-25-2004, 10:09 PM
I could understand that. But I have a fast new computer with cable internet (3 Mbps download speed). I even tried not doing anything else while playing - same thing. Most days it doesn't happen at all - but then some days it continually happens. Very irritating.

EliteNinja
09-26-2004, 05:47 PM
It happens with the Empire Poker software as well. Missed out on an extra bet with my AA on the river.