PDA

View Full Version : MajorKong is a character in Dr. Strangelove.

bisonbison
09-25-2004, 08:23 PM
doo da doo. I have no read on UTG+2.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I raise preflop with JTs here. The CO is tight and the button is loose.

BottlesOf
09-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Meh, I don't think I raise JTs in that spot, with a loose button.

I am thinking about your flop 3-bet, as everything else is standard. Can you articulate the different reasons that you did that?

jrobb83
09-25-2004, 08:31 PM
The turn 3-bet is for value if it gets cold-called. Plus it is very likely to buy him a cheap river.

bisonbison
09-25-2004, 08:33 PM
I thought it was an odd check-raise. He's second to last to act on a draw heavy flop. I limped preflop so he can't assume I'll bet. I just didn't buy that it was a scary c/r and I thought I could 3-bet for value with the people who'd already put in money and check the turn through if I missed.

BottlesOf
09-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I agree. I like it. I just wanted to hear your thoughts. I agree with the gutshot and flush and 2 cards to come, it's for value with just 2 opps. Plus--the free card is nice.

Chris Daddy Cool
09-25-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise preflop with JTs here. The CO is tight and the button is loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If any of the players behind you is loose it's gonna be tough to buy buttons, especially with two players to act behind you. That's why raising these suited connectors is virtually worthless at the Bay Area 3/6 games because of the button time charge.

your button buying should come in the CO when the tighty is on the button.

bisonbison
09-25-2004, 08:56 PM
okay, that makes sense. How about QJs? That feels like value.

Ed Miller
09-26-2004, 06:09 AM
You rule.

Nate tha' Great
09-26-2004, 06:18 AM
Bison,

I am somewhat tempted to bet the turn and take advantage of the the "bluff" in semi-bluff.

bisonbison
09-26-2004, 03:49 PM
UTG+2 had Q5o. Wonders never cease.

bisonbison
09-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Nate, how often do you think a flop-checkraiser is going to lay down any pair here? Cause he's certainly not going to fold a draw.

Nate tha' Great
09-26-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nate, how often do you think a flop-checkraiser is going to lay down any pair here? Cause he's certainly not going to fold a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

His action on the flop was a little bit strange. It looks like it could be a re-steal of sorts with a marginal hand like 88 and yes I think that hand will sometimes make a loose call on the flop and then lay down occasionally on the turn when a vaguely scary card comes. I wouldn't expect him to lay down top pair.

He could also have played a draw this way and, while he won't lay it down right there, he will probably lay it down on the river if you follow up with another bet and he misses.

sublime
09-26-2004, 04:17 PM
okay, that makes sense. How about QJs? That feels like value.

JTs is for value. QJs is for even more value.

Buying the button is good, so is raising with a hand that plays well in large multiway pots.

Personally when I raise with JTs, I WANT loose calls.

BigEndian
09-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Beat me to it sublime.

- Jim

Chris Daddy Cool
09-26-2004, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JTs is for value. QJs is for even more value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally raise JTs in LP too, but it depends more on circumstance than auto-raising.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally when I raise with JTs, I WANT loose calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I raise suited connectors, sure it's for value, and I love loose callers, but I would prefer my loose calls to come before me not after me especially on the button.

Yes, you benefit when the button will coldcall 74o when you raise JTs, but I would rather have that button fold, so your hand becomes more powerful with absolute position postflop.

sublime
09-26-2004, 05:08 PM
I normally raise JTs in LP too, but it depends more on circumstance than auto-raising.

Tru dat /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yes, you benefit when the button will coldcall 74o when you raise JTs, but I would rather have that button fold, so your hand becomes more powerful with absolute position postflop.

I would rather bang: http://www.askmen.com/imagessexsymbol/alyssamilano/alyssa_mylano_151.jpg

But would settle for: http://www.evamendes.com/images/modeling/stills/lace/eva_mendes_dot_com_stills10.jpg

Chris Daddy Cool
09-26-2004, 05:19 PM
actually i'd prefer the latter over the former, but can't go wrong either way right? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

chesspain
09-26-2004, 05:22 PM
I actually prefer Erin Ness, but I'ld make do with either in a pinch.

sublime
09-26-2004, 05:23 PM
actually i'd prefer the latter over the former, but can't go wrong either way right?

Exactly!

Side Note: I agree with you, Eva is god damn hot. But Allysa is a childhood dream /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bisonbison
09-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Attempts to discuss the beauty of women other than Salma Hayek in a bisonbison thread are grounds for disdain.

http://www.stompandcrush.com/images/salma.jpg

I mean, honestly. She is an attractive woman.

sublime
09-26-2004, 05:35 PM
I mean, honestly. She is an attractive woman.

You dont say!

Dude, with the internet at your disposal this is the best picture you can come up with? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I adore Latino/dark skinned women /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bisonbison
09-26-2004, 05:39 PM
I try to post work-safe pictures. Besides, Salma doesn't need to wear transparent panties to destroy the competition.

I'm not big into the lad-magazine hottie competitionness, but Salma Hayek clearly exemplifies one type of female beauty. And she's not anorexic. And she speaks with an accent.

MicroBob
09-26-2004, 06:25 PM
yeah.
accents rule.
Salma is the hottest of them all (note, I spelled it right this time).

Breaking up with her and Russell Crowe was on WGN yesterday. I had never seen it and didn't care for it much....but, of course I watched it. Because Salma is nice to look at.
I do the same thing with that silly Fools Rush In movie whenever it's on cable.

Screw the plot. I'm just looking at Salma!!

----------------------------

i too would be very tempted to bet the turn here.
to him your call and then 3-bet might have looked unusual.

his C/R looks like a weird steal attempt and maybe he's just having fun getting the knack for this whole raising thing.

i think betting the turn stands a strong chance of taking it....and certainly sets up the possibility of taking it on the river. of course, it wouldn't work here with his mighty Q5o that he was determined to call down.

but when he checks it on the turn he's pretty much telling you that his C/R was either a draw or it was garbage, isn't he? he's essentially saying 'ummmm...never mind'

ddubois
09-27-2004, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, with the internet at your disposal this is the best picture you can come up with?

[/ QUOTE ]
No jokes, that pic is awful.

bisonbison
09-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Out of my thread, heathen!