PDA

View Full Version : Short stacked in a Limit Live game

Bigdaddydvo
09-25-2004, 08:01 PM
From today at Caesars:

I'm down to my last $21 at 5/10 Hold Em, preparing to make my final stand. I have 4 callers to me in the BB w/T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I raised, figuring my pot equity is higher than the typical hand, and everyone called. The flop had a K and a J, and since I was pot committed, just threw the rest of my $$$$ in.

Wondering about this strategy: Check the Tens in the Blind, and if the flop is favorable, push in then. After all, I was gonna run out of bullets soon. I don't go broke much, so any advice as to what the optimal strategy is? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Evan
09-25-2004, 09:29 PM
You have to raise TT form the BB whether you have $21 or $1000, it doesn't matter. As for optimal strategy when shortstacked...I would say push with any hand that may have any edge since you're more likely to be called and you won't have to make tough post flop decisions.

bdk3clash
09-25-2004, 10:54 PM
You officially lose any rights to refer to "pot equity," "pot committed," or "optimal strategy" when you start a limit hand with 2 BBs. You should never have less than 12 BBs in front of you at all times. Period.

The rest of the hand I couldn't give two shits about.