PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on 2 table Sng's at Stars

speclj
09-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Hello all,

This is my first post at this site, and have anjoyed reading the forums for the last couple of days. I wanted to get some opinions about Stars 2 table SnG's. I have been playing for about a year on the 5 and 10 2 tables (with a few rings and multi tables when the mood strikes). After reading for the last couple of days it seems to me that I could be making more on the one table tourneys given that they go quite a bit faster. What do you out there think advantages/disadvantages are to the 2 table tourneys? Thanks in advance for any responses.

rjb03
09-25-2004, 07:34 PM
I have only played a few 2 table SNG's, but I don't really like them. I don't like going from short handed to full table with not much of a chip advantage unless you had a good run of cards. Any big pots you win (short stack goes all in) doesn't necessarily put you in the money or close to it at the final table, but losing to that short stack can cripple you.

codewarrior
09-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Advantages:
(1) You learn the slow - fast - slow - fast structure of bigger multis cheaply
(2) prize pool is bigger

Disadvantages:
(1) They take longer to finish, if time is a concern to you
(2) They take longer to fill up.

I find them a relaxing way to pass a Sunday afternoon. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My name is codewarrior, and I approved this post.

Welcome to the forums.

Please check out the weekly 2+2 SnG's. There is a Private one on Stars tomorrow at 1pm EDT, password twoplustwo. Others during the week are identified by a Monday post.

speclj
09-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the opinions!