PDA

View Full Version : Matt Drudge

Rushmore
09-25-2004, 06:11 PM
I thought to post this in the new Politics forum, but then thought it might be a little more general.

Is it my imagination, or is Matt Drudge slipping a little?

It seems his site is updated less frequently, and that much of the content is lacking, relative to years ago, when I first made the site my home page.

Am I just not as interested, or is there a problem?

Utah
09-26-2004, 12:41 AM
I think it is good as of late. However, I didnt read it two years ago.

GWB
09-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Drudge does very little on the weekends, and is often busy during the week.

In fairness, he no longer has a monopoly on revealing the stories suppressed by the liberal media. There's a bunch of blogs and forums to do that now.

elwoodblues
09-27-2004, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
much of the content is lacking

[/ QUOTE ]

Drudge rarely writes his own stories. He almost always links out to other sources. That hasn't changeed.

Rushmore
09-27-2004, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Drudge rarely writes his own stories. He almost always links out to other sources. That hasn't changeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware of this, of course.

But it just seems to me that he's making a little less of an effort in the last six months or so. Less diversity of subject matter, less frequent updating, hell, even less interestingly-veiled right wing bias (which I generally do not mind, considering I can find the other side anywhere I swing a dead cat).

Or maybe it's just that, as Ghanhi said, "I am smarter today than I was yesterday."

riverflush
09-27-2004, 12:54 PM
I don't see a drop-off at all with Drudge. If anything, the site is updated more frequently now than ever in the past. Andrew Breitbart actually does more of the regular daily updating of the site nowadays...working from the other coast (Drudge in Miami, Breitbart in Los Angeles). They've always taken Saturday and early Sunday lightly - unless a major disaster occurs.

I've been reading Drudge from mid-1997 till today and I don't see any drop in quality recently. He's become more entrenched within media circles, to the point where he's the #1 outlet to "leak" info to. While people often criticize him for not doing enough actual reporting, they don't realize that his small blurbs of BREAKING info is reporting. He may tell you the whole story - first - with only 4 sentences, but they're usually the most important 4 sentences.

Also, even though he's an admitted conservative (not partisan Republican), Drudge does an excellent job of needling both sides, especially on issues he cares about. See: his skepticism of Bush/Ashcroft on the issue of privacy vs. terrorism. Breitbart and Drudge are very critical of the right on frequent occasions.