PDA

View Full Version : Two hands of pocket 10's

John White
09-25-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm trying to identify the hands that I should be raising pre-flop and playing aggressivly with scare cards out there.

Hand #1:

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.50 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (10.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Ts Tc (two pair, tens and nines).
UTG+1 has Kh Ah (two pair, kings and nines).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 10.50 BB. </font>

Hand #2:
PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (14 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17 BB, between CO, SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (17 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has Qc Ac (one pair, aces).
BB has Kd Qh (one pair, kings).
CO has 9h Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: SB wins 17 BB. </font>

KingSix
09-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Not much you could have done in either situation. You were out of position both times and there were big hands out that were not going to fold.

Hand 1 - Not the worst thing in the world, you were beat the whole way and likely lost the least. I may have have checked the river because there were no reasonable draws that the four people who called on the flop would have been chasing. Someone who called your flop bet likely had either a King or a 9 and neither is good for your hand. If this player was REALLY weak-tight, you could have check raised the flop and bet the turn to see if he would lay it down, but at this limit, it isn't likely.

Hand 2 - This isn't the correct use of this type of aggression. You were in a three bet pot that was four handed. Without solid reads, the odds that everyone missed the Ace and the Jack is small. That being said, this really wasn't that bad. These players were obviously pretty passive (CO &amp; SB), so they really didn't make you pay with a check raise or anything else. Not a tragedy, but in these "anyace" games, I don't raise the flop with two overcards out there with one ace.

King

milesdyson
09-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Hand 1: Bet the turn. A sidenote: This hand is a prime example of where PT can be extremely profitable. When I see that someone raises preflop like 1-2% of their hands, I'm pretty sure they have AA, KK, QQ, AK, or AQ. I'm sure you'd be able to play hand 1 a lot better if you had a good read on UTG+1. I mean, that guy plays amazingly weak.

Hand 2: Good preflop raise. When people coldcall and BB threebets, you have to think they have decent cards. I think I would fold the flop getting 13:1, just because with that board, your T outs could be tainted.

John White
09-26-2004, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 - This isn't the correct use of this type of aggression. You were in a three bet pot that was four handed. Without solid reads, the odds that everyone missed the Ace and the Jack is small. That being said, this really wasn't that bad. These players were obviously pretty passive (CO &amp; SB), so they really didn't make you pay with a check raise or anything else. Not a tragedy, but in these "anyace" games, I don't raise the flop with two overcards out there with one ace.
King

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. So would you have folded this flop if the T's were held on the button with a bet and a call in front of you?

KingSix
09-26-2004, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. So would you have folded this flop if the T's were held on the button with a bet and a call in front of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that related to this hand? Our hero raised the flop....he didn't call. I didn't say anything about calling either way. My point was that raising the tens here on the flop into 2 cold callers and someone who 3 bet the pot isn't the best use of this type of aggression.

King

PhatPots
09-26-2004, 09:40 PM
For Hand 2, since you were 3 bet preflop, and there is an Ace and a Jack, you have to consider folding. The hands that he would most likely 3 bet are a bigger pair or AK, maybe KQs (but not likely). My guess is that he has a bigger pair because he didn't 3 bet the flop. I don't think raising the flop is a good idea because if someone has an ace, they are going to show it down since it was 3 bet pf.

make life easy and fold that flop