PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's mouth

wacki
09-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Before I get started, in a purely social environment, I actually kind of like Kerry. He plays outdoorsy sports, and he cares about animals intensely, he doesn't like violence, and was strong enough to fight for this country. I honestly think he has a good heart.

But, what comes out of Kerry's mouth really makes me wonder about his fitness to lead a country. His speach after vietnam, and the quotes outlined in this article are just a few. But it's not what he says about Bush that makes my stomach churn, its what he says about other countries and their leaders.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/672upfks.asp

excerpt from article
There is some chance, after all, that John Kerry will be president in four months. If so, what kind of situation will he have created for himself? France will smile on him, but provide no troops. Those allies that have provided troops, from Britain and Poland and Australia and Japan and elsewhere, will likely recall how Kerry sneered at them, calling them "the coerced and the bribed." The leader of the government in Iraq, upon whom the success of John Kerry's Iraq policy will depend, will have been weakened before his enemies and ours--and will also remember the insult. Is this really how Kerry wants to go down in history: Willing to say anything to try to get elected, no matter what the damage to the people of Iraq, to American interests, and even to himself?

I think that says it perfectly.

GWB
09-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Please post future threads in Politics Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=politics) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, Kerry would be an international disaster for us, no doubt. The grass always looks greener, but Kerry will be worse than some of you think I am in international dealings.

sam h
09-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Being two-faced liars and shameless panderers themselves, politicians in other countries understand far better than most the situation that Kerry faces. These fences are pretty easily mended. Honestly, the Prime Minister of Japan doesn't give two sh--s what Kerry says in some stump speech. But he does care about what Kerry is likely to do in office, which is why he's probably rooting for him.

I think it also bears mentioning that all of these things that Kerry and his team are being criticized for saying are essentially true. Ayad Allawi is obviously somewhat of a puppet. The majority of members of "coalition of the willing" played ball to get on our good side for non-terror related reasons. And the situation in Iraq has been totally mismanaged by Bush and is going to hell.

I'd rather have a candidate actually point these things out. And I bet most international leaders do too.

Jimbo
09-25-2004, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Being two-faced liars and shameless panderers themselves, politicians in other countries understand far better than most the situation that Kerry faces.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And the situation in Iraq has been totally mismanaged by Bush and is going to hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not according to the interim leader of Iraq. On the one hand you admit Kerry will lie about anything in order to get elected and on the other hand we should now believe him rather than the leader of Iraq. Now do you see the problem with speaking from both sides of your face?
Liberal logic is some funny stuff!

Jimbo

Do you know how to tell to tell when Kerry is lying?
Answer in white below:
<font color="white"> When his lips are moving. </font>

wacki
09-25-2004, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Being two-faced liars and shameless panderers themselves, politicians in other countries understand far better than most the situation that Kerry faces. These fences are pretty easily mended. Honestly, the Prime Minister of Japan doesn't give two sh--s what Kerry says in some stump speech. But he does care about what Kerry is likely to do in office, which is why he's probably rooting for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree what is done in office is the most important. Hot air is exactly that, hot air. But I'm not so sure in Kerry's case.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it also bears mentioning that all of these things that Kerry and his team are being criticized for saying are essentially true. Ayad Allawi is obviously somewhat of a puppet. The majority of members of "coalition of the willing" played ball to get on our good side for non-terror related reasons. And the situation in Iraq has been totally mismanaged by Bush and is going to hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not convinced about the puppet thing. It was my understanding Allawi is popular with the Iraqi people, and he wouldn't be popular if he was just a puppet.

What's evolved in Iraq is not what the administration had planned and in order to extricate themselves from an untenable position, power was ceded to allawi.

The thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=919923&amp;For um=All_Forums&amp;Words=allawi&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;M ain=915776&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=&amp;dateran ge=1&amp;newerval=6&amp;newertype=m&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;b odyprev=#Post919923)

sam h
09-25-2004, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the one hand you admit Kerry will lie about anything in order to get elected and on the other hand we should now believe him rather than the leader of Iraq. Now do you see the problem with speaking from both sides of your face?
Liberal logic is some funny stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said we should believe Kerry. I said that what he is saying is essentially right. There is a difference, but perhaps all that "liberal logic" is a bit hard to follow.

Are you really suggesting that Ayad Allawi is a good source for an unbiased assessment of the situation in Iraq simply because he's the leader of the country?

sam h
09-25-2004, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not convinced about the puppet thing. It was my understanding Allawi is popular with the Iraqi people, and he wouldn't be popular if he was just a puppet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine that Allawi's popularity is very difficult to judge because the state of the country does not lend itself to very scientific polling.

But the question of popularity is largely beside the point. The key issue is who has real decision-making power in the country, and obviously it is the Bush administration. Allawi was tapped because he wouldn't rock the boat. Maybe that's not such a bad thing, but it doesn't make him any less of a puppet.

sameoldsht
09-25-2004, 10:03 PM
liberal logic = oxyMORON