PDA

View Full Version : Eeeeeaaaaasy Killer

BottlesOf
09-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between Hero and UTG+2.</font>

bdk3clash
09-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Tough one. I'd guess on the flop he's got an Ace or a /images/graemlins/heart.gif draw, right? Hopefully it's a worse Ace. Without a /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Which it probably isn't.

Each street totally makes sense individually, but when you add it up this hand feels like a clusterfuck. Not much you could do here, I think.

MRBAA
09-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Eeeek. I'm not sure I see the flop three bet here. I'd call since you're head up, then bet out on the turn.

I'd probably check/call the river, although there's really not much you can beat there (stubborn pocket pair or A3,A4, A5, A6 with no heart if he's sane.)

BottlesOf
09-25-2004, 04:59 PM
A stop n go??? Wuh-oh. Interesting...

As for the river, I think this is a clear bet, given the way he played the hand. Straight Clarkmeister Theorem.

MRBAA
09-25-2004, 05:19 PM
I'd three bet to blast out a third player on the flop, but since you're heads up and he probably won't fold and you're really not confident you have the best hand, you're out of position for a free card, why do it?

Betting out on the turn probably gives you more "scare" value anyway.

On the river, yes, TOP suggest betting a hand you'd call. But here, there are hands that beat you that will also be scared to bet (especially if opponent is not that aggressive). For example, better aces without a heart. There's so little he can call with that you beat.

BottlesOf
09-25-2004, 05:24 PM
I think 1) There's a good shot I have the best and on the flop. 2) I think bigger aces without a heart will fold this river too.

sthief09
09-25-2004, 05:27 PM
I think it looks good. In this situation, if you ever check-call, you're going to be a much bigger underdog than if you bet and he calls. It's not likely that he'll bet a T or a 7 if you check, because it's a scary board and those hands are too strong to use as a bluff.