PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Play with 3-flush on river?

Ajax410
09-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Should I bet this river?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Entity
09-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Bet this river and raise this preflop. You're far more likely to be up against QK/KJ/KT here than a flush.

Rob

milesdyson
09-25-2004, 03:04 PM
I would raise that preflop.

The turn check raise is good, but I wonder if you get the chance to three-bet this if you bet out. Then again, the probable raiser is directly to your left, so people would be facing two cold. Check raise is probably best.

I really don't have much to say about the river. It's hard to bet there, but I think you win this enough to make it a value bet.

afk
09-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Fear not the flush, bet the river.

Also:
Raise preflop.