PDA

View Full Version : Poker is hard when you can't tell your outs from his outs

StellarWind
09-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB is unknown.

I called the flop checkraise with the intent of calling down against blanks. Do you agree with that idea?

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.50 BB, between Hero and SB.</font>

joker122
09-25-2004, 01:50 PM
I'd like to know why you raised the turn. He will almost cerntainly fold if he has no club, and will fold a good amount of time if he has a weak one. What I'm getting at is I don't see a worse hand calling the turn raise, and at this point protecting your hand is not an issue.

sthief09
09-25-2004, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know why you raised the turn. He will almost cerntainly fold if he has no club, and will fold a good amount of time if he has a weak one. What I'm getting at is I don't see a worse hand calling the turn raise, and at this point protecting your hand is not an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's what I was wondering. I feel like most of the time, someone who bets into a 4-flush either has it or he has nothing and will fold. It's possible he's betting something like a 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif or a little worse, but more likely he's betting the K or Q and won't let you know he has a big flush by 3-betting.

MAxx
09-25-2004, 07:53 PM
i think lots of players will call your turn raise if they have 2 pair or a set... hoping to fill.

i probably would have called turn, called river.

or i may consider raising turn and taking a free showdown (or folding to a turn 3bet).

i like the call/call sequence best.

Trix
09-25-2004, 07:59 PM
I prefer just calling the turn bet as I dont want him to fold and then call or bet the river if checked to.

BottlesOf
09-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Brown (1-1) Columbia (0-2)

That is all...