PDA

View Full Version : bad hole cards/chips dwindling

CraigJ
09-25-2004, 10:40 AM
In No-Limit Hold'em, any suggestions for what to do when you just keep getting bad hole cards after bad hole cards that aren't even close to being playable? I am assuming at some point you just have to take a chance before the blinds just eat your pot away. Any suggestions on when and how to do this?

over_c
09-25-2004, 11:52 AM
If you are referring to a tournament situation, then you eventually have to take a shot with questionable cards. If you are talking about a cash game, well, you either buy more chips to extract the most from your opponents when you do get a hand or leave the table and do something else for a while.

gytten
09-25-2004, 12:04 PM
you wait for better cards. why waste money? the cards will come, we all get a bad run of cards from time to time.

(tournaments are different ofcourse, here you must take a stand when you still got chips to play with.. )

DBowling
09-25-2004, 01:32 PM
If youre playing a ring game, it will take quite a while for the blinds to eat you away. At partypoker, it would take 30+ orbits. Be patient, youll get a hand eventually.

AncientPC
09-26-2004, 02:01 AM
Don't play 'em.

You need the dicipline to not play junk hands even after orbit after orbit. How quick you attain this dicipline depends on the person.

Sephus
09-26-2004, 02:08 AM
i had a 4 hour 4 table session at pp nl50 tonight where i got a lot of bad starting hands. at the end of my session i had played 840 hands, seen 14% of flops, won 4% of hands, won money at 90% of showdowns (according to pp's slighly erroneous stattracker) and was up $240. there's NO reason to play hands just because they're the best you've seen in a while if you're talking ring games.