PDA

View Full Version : Quick morning post - AQo SB Party $100 NL

JrJordan
09-25-2004, 10:40 AM
AQo is one of the hardest hands to play out of position IMO. The safe bet is to fold to any raise with it, but I certainly think there's some EV to it, barring the right opponent. Just played this hand a bit earlier this morning and was wondering what you guys think. Should I fold to a minraise or pop him right back? I can easily fold to a reraise if he does so preflop.I'm having somre problems with the hand converter, so bare with me if it looks a little funny. No reads on the villain in this hand, but his stats are decent: VPIP 20, PFR 5.5.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed)

CO ($271.3)
Button ($87.35)
Hero ($109.85)
BB ($138.1)
UTG ($98)
UTG+1 ($99.7)
UTG+2 ($99.5)
MP1 ($430.1)
MP2 ($44)
MP3 ($70.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $11</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $8.

Flop: ($28) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to $36</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $58 (putting villain all-in) </font>...

Is this SOP or should I be playing my AQ different out of position? All comments appreciated.

amoeba
09-25-2004, 12:55 PM
refer to the dubois AQo thread.

Almost same situation but lower limits.

I think you are beaten here.

But if you made the raise preflop then this is certainly the best flop for you thus you must continue as you did.

The4thFilm
09-25-2004, 02:04 PM
yea i think you're beaten here, my guess is a set of 8s

MasterShakes
09-25-2004, 02:13 PM
With the stacks as they are on this hand, I don't see how you could avoid getting all-in on this flop. I have no problem with the small re-raise preflop, because ideally, you want to push MP2 off of anything he might have. Once you get this pot heads-up and the flop comes Q high with only a flush draw out there, this is exactly the flop you want. Sure you might have been beaten, but you have to go all-in in this situation every single time. Large stack sizes would be the only thing that would change my mind here.

greg nice
09-25-2004, 02:40 PM
i would play this exactly the same way. you fear a set, KK, or AA. now i only play 25nl, and too many times i will be shown KQ or QJ which is often hands indicative of min-raises.

kyro
09-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Wait, the guy's stats are 20VPIP and 5.5PFR and this is the "type of opponent" you want to put in a crap load of money PF with AQ against him? If I knew this guy to be really tight, I fold this PF. Seeing that you did not do this, you played it the way you had to on the flop.