PDA

View Full Version : mediocre pair, mediocre play

Rico Suave
09-25-2004, 10:10 AM
SB has been unremarkable. MP1 is new.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Rico is MP3 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Rico calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Rico calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Rico raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Rico calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Rico bets</font>

I think I made a couple of mistakes.

--Rico

Talex
09-25-2004, 11:55 AM
SB waking up on the turn is bizarre, especially given your raise on the flop. While an overpair is possible, it seems he's either caught a nine, or most likely I think he's picked up a flush draw to go with his overcards. I think your line is pretty decent honestly, I'm not sure I'd play it differently at all.

-Tim

lil'
09-25-2004, 12:21 PM
You think you could get this heads up with a raise pre-flop? If you can it's worth it.

The flop raise is good.

On the turn, folding is obviously no good, so that leaved raising or calling, and I lean towards calling, since a raise won't knock out anyone, and the SB's bet here is very suspicious after the aggression you've shown.

On the river, I like the bet.

The only thing I question is the pre-flop action, but it depends on the table.

Rico Suave
09-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Lil:

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, folding is obviously no good, so that leaved raising or calling, and I lean towards calling, since a raise won't knock out anyone, and the SB's bet here is very suspicious after the aggression you've shown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that perhaps I should have raised the turn. The sb's play is a bit bizzare...surely an overpair would have lead the flop, or, if his intent was to c/r the flop, go ahead and 3-bet. I thought that perhaps his turn bet was a turned flush draw wiht overcards, and perhaps I should have gone ahead and raised it--collecting an extrabet from the flush draw who won't call call the river, and gaining the option of a free showdown if I choose to take it.

--Rico

Rico Suave
09-26-2004, 10:03 AM
SB calls my river bet and had QQ for the bizzarely played winner.

--Rico