PDA

View Full Version : Confused

sthief09
09-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

What's the plan?

thanks for the converter, bison

joker122
09-25-2004, 05:58 AM
I'd get to a showdown as cheaply as possible. This would mean that
1. if he bets the flop I'd raise, check the turn and call a river bet (or bet the river if checked to) and also fold to a flop 3bet.

2. If checked to, bet the flop (folding to a CR), check turn and call a river bet.

sthief09
09-25-2004, 06:00 AM
what if I raise and he 3-bets? the problem is that if he has trash, he's going to go nuts to try and get me to fold. I feel like raising in an attempt to save 1 SB isn't worth all the potential bad stuff that can happen. if he has JJ or lower, I lose 1 SB by raising, and if he has AA, AQ, QQ, or AK he's 3-betting the flop, so I lose 1 SB. The perfect situation is him whiffing on a turn check-raise, but how often will that happen?

joker122
09-25-2004, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the problem is that if he has trash, he's going to go nuts to try and get me to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think so? I don't. Given the preflop action I don't think any sort of bluffing is worrisome.

edit - i just can't see JJ 3betting this flop, which is why I could safely fold to a flop 3bet.

bisonbison
09-25-2004, 06:05 AM
It'll cost you 2.5 BB to get to showdown. You may be drawing to 2 outs. Your good case scenarios against a non-lag are what? KK (1 way), JJ (6 ways)? Maybe TT (6 ways)? Of course, he could have AA (3 ways), AK (blah blah), AQ... QQ... I dunno, am I really weak for just wanting to fold this right here right now?

MarkL444
09-25-2004, 06:11 AM
i still say if he bets i fold.

he wont have JJ or TT often enough to make this call.

Evan
09-25-2004, 06:16 AM
Without a read you gotta lay this one down. Sorry buddy.

EDIT: I just found out you won the hand at SD, now you have a read.

Cerril
09-25-2004, 06:23 AM
It's tough... I'm always edgy on what I should do with KK (or any pair of kings) when an ace comes on the flop (or any street if an opponent 'wakes up'). I'm probably beaten if I continue to see action but maybe not. I feel weak/tight or like a calling station almost no matter how I go about it.