PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

Mason Malmuth
09-25-2004, 03:39 AM
Hi Everyone:

We have had a number of requests to split the politics out of the Other Topics. So here it is.

If this forum slows down too much after the election, we can always move it back.

Best wishes,
Mason

Rick Nebiolo
09-25-2004, 04:25 AM
Mason,

If memory serves me I kidded you regarding the creation of the Poker on TV Forum and that is obviously a big hit. But I kidded you before thinking it through.

I still you need to re-title/re-emphasize that Other Topics as a place for forum posters (many of us who have become friends because of 2+2 and therefore want to have a place to argue /images/graemlins/grin.gif) to spout off on topics unrelated to poker where "News Views and Gossip" should be clearly titled/labled "Poker News, Views and Gossip". But splitting Other Topics is fine too.

Anyway, good luck with the new forum. I don't have anything interesting to say but did just read a good column that I'll link to in a separate post below.

Regards,

Rick

PS Just made Pooh Bah. What comes next?

Cyrus
09-25-2004, 05:04 AM
And all those hosting a Politics forum or participating in it are arrested?

Have you thought of that?

(Jokerswild asked me to ask you this, because he is busy elsewhere.)

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

anatta
09-25-2004, 05:47 AM
Mason

I read a post in gambling forum where the other topics forum was refered to as the "politcal wacko forum". Not quite as catchy as "the zoo", but I liked it. This wacko thanks you.

El Barto
09-25-2004, 06:18 AM
What is the deal with the "Other Other" forum name?

Can it not just be called the "Other" forum?

Or is politics so much a part of "Other" that we must clarify that that forum is for "Other Other" topics only?

MMMMMM
09-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Please don't put ideas into moderators' heads or we might end up with an "Other Other Other Topics" forum too.

Zeno
09-25-2004, 11:35 AM
PRAISE THE LORD.

Since we now have a political forum a religious forum can't be far behind. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We have had a number of requests to split the politics out of the Other Topics. So here it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

-Zeno

Mason Malmuth
09-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi Cyrus:

If there's a dictatorship we'll ask Mr. MMMMM to volunteer to hand you over, and then we should be okay and can keep playing poker.

Best wishes,
Mason

Cyrus
09-26-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi, Mason.

That was a weak/tight response.

Surely you can give stronger! And you gotta learn to relax...

Best wishes,

--Cyrus

TenPercenter
09-28-2004, 12:42 AM
I agree. Sometimes you have to keep the worst (and best) ideas to yourself. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sincerely,

Maj. Major Major Major

TenPercenter
09-28-2004, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

If this forum slows down too much after the election, we can always move it back.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

I caught a lot of flack for suggesting the move, even though my poll suggested that it was the most popular idea. When you hadn't answered my PM about it, I figured it was vetoed. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks Mason! I can now return to actually visiting the Other forum!

Ten