PDA

View Full Version : J9s preflop (Party 3/6)

nepenthe
09-25-2004, 03:36 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: nepenthe is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, nepenthe calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (13.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">nepenthe raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">nepenthe caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (14.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">nepenthe bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (18.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">nepenthe bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 21.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.66 BB, between MP1, nepenthe and UTG.</font>

Jules22
09-25-2004, 05:39 AM
i dont like calling raises with j9, but yer postflop play looks routine

sthief09
09-25-2004, 05:42 AM
Josh mucks.

Cerril
09-25-2004, 07:02 AM
even in a great game (and with three of three coldcallers to me in MP2 I'd think 'hey, this game rocks!' even if this were my first rotation) I generally won't coldcall with J9s.. JTs in that situation I might though I'd still feel the sting of position (there might be another raise coming in behind me).

Having acquired the button your postflop play seems good. I can't see a way to get any more chips out of such a passive field. With the 3-bet to you I'm thinking AJ, KJ, JJ, 99... which means you're way ahead most of the time. But once it gets checked to me on the turn I'm sure I'm up against some sort of bizarre draws or maybe an overpair.

I'm curious whether there's a reasonable chance that calling the third bet might induce a bet on the turn (which you could then raise and trap the two others) since he got to close action. I also might not risk that with a fourway pot.

And last, while I'm musing, I wonder if there's any element of hand protection here where you might have been better off calling the flop and raising the turn.