PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make a Deal simulation

06-13-2002, 08:34 AM
Good Morning....

I remember reading recently about the math behind switching doors on lets make a deal, but for some reason I can't find the original post about it.

Can someone either provide a link or set up the situation and explanation for me again.

Thanks in advance.

06-13-2002, 10:14 AM

06-14-2002, 02:37 AM
does this situation have any application to the Show Who wants to be a Millionaire?

seems like, with the 50-50 lifeline, it could. i mean, if you've ever watched it, anytime somebody says a guess, but then uses their 50-50, it is always left as one of the 2 options. is it possible the same kind of math and logic apply here as to the Let's Make A Deal scenario?

the only difference i see is that you have more likelihood of making a semi-informed decision with WWTBAM, which might change the odds of you getting the answer right or wrong on a guess.

06-14-2002, 05:33 AM
If you have an informal initial hunch on who wants to be a millionare, and you then use a lifeline, the computer is still allowed to remove that selection (unless its correct). The only reason the first guess usually remains more than average is because it is correct more than average. But I've seen it be among the two removed selections before.