PDA

View Full Version : folding in big pot when u might be drawing dead

callingstation
09-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Absolute poker 5/10 (9 handed)

Hero is in EMP with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 1 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds, button calls, SB completes, BB raise, all call

flop(6 player, 12SB): 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
checked to button(loose passive) bets, folded to UTG+1(loose passive)who calls, i call

3 to turn: (7.5BB)7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked to button who bets, UTG+1 raise, Hero?????????, 10.5BB, now i facing two BB cold and may need to pay as much as 4BB to see the river. I was multitabling and didn't have much time to think. I felt that i maybe drawing dead and folded.

button only calls /images/graemlins/frown.gif

river: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG+1 bets, button calls

Results: UTG+1 shows 6c7c(str8, 6-T)
button mucks

My hand would be good if i stayed

My question is should u stay here with this draw? I would definitely call 2BB if no one behinds me, but with the button behind me, I could be paying as much as 8BB to get to the showdown(if i hit str8 or flush, i cannot laydown on river). And i have only one clean outs, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Advice?

jrobb83
09-25-2004, 12:36 AM
You have such a strong draw that I think you can call here and see the river. Any /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9, or 8 gives you a very strong hand. If it is 3-bet and capped, you can pretty safely fold, so it shouldn't ever cost you 4 BB to see the river.

Entity
09-25-2004, 12:36 AM
I muck this preflop. On the turn, unless I've got a LA-P read on UTG+1, I call, with (3) cards to my gutshot, 2 cards to a boat and 9 more to a flush.

I'm not a routine SS player, though, so I'd like to hear from others here.

Rob

AnteGravity
09-25-2004, 12:39 AM
The preflop limp is very loose, I prolly wouldn't play that hand unless I'm in the SB, get to complete my small blind, and have two or more limpers in there with me.

In the flop pot is big and your seeing lots of passive play. To me, I have middle pair, a kicker bigger then the highest board card, a backdoor flush and an inside striaght on the top end. Thus I would get very violent here and raise this sucker hard. Be the agressor here.

Turn: The same as the flop, I would bet if checked to me.

River: Value bet if checked to, thats for sure.

Nottom
09-25-2004, 12:49 AM
I don't like the preflop limp.

I would likely raise the flop.

I'm not fond of folding straight-flush draws in biggish pots.

Bob T.
09-25-2004, 01:19 AM
I was multitabling and didn't have much time to think.

If I gave you advice, would you have time to think about using it /images/graemlins/grin.gif?

I think you had enough outs that you likely had enough to continue. If you make your hand, other than the straight flush, and you get raised, I think that it might be time to slow down.

bisonbison
09-25-2004, 01:37 AM
And i have only one clean outs, 9

We're all dirty in this sin-cursed world. But an eight is pretty damn clean. And I'd love to see an overcard diamond.