PDA

View Full Version : IN NEED OF FEEDBACK!!!!!

dollyfan
09-25-2004, 12:17 AM
I originally posted this hand in Texas Hold'em-->General, but now think it probably belongs here, sorry for the mistake.

I am playing in a B&M NLHE $50 buy in tournament with only 10 people in it. Winner takes all.

There are 7 people left.

Hero T170
MP T225 (these are all that matters)

I am big blind W/ K9s

MP(loose aggresive) calls, Button(tight weak) calls, Hero Checks...everybody else folds

Flop: K , 10 , 2 (no chance of flush on board at all)

Hero checks, MP bets 20, Button folds, Hero raises to 60, MP calls.

Turn: 5

Hero checks, MP bets 10, Hero calls

River: 7

Hero checks, MP goes all in(MP has Hero covered in chips),
Hero calls.

First let me say that I'm not sure of the structure of how to post the hand on here, but after reading some other hands I think that Hero stands for me(if not it does here).

after the flop I was trying to check raise MP and take the pot right there but his call had me worried. When I checked the river and MP bet 10 I figured he was more scared of my hand then I was of his so I wanted to try another check raise on the river. I was a little surprised when he went all in. I thought he might of caught a second pair on the river. After I thought about it for a while, I figured that since I checked all three times in first position that he didn't think I would call an all-in so I figured he didn't want a call, so I called with my kings.

Please criticize the way I played my hand and my thought process through the hand.....thanks.

wjmooner
09-25-2004, 01:41 AM
The flop raise is fine. You must either call the turn or raise again after he bets 10.

The river is player specific. I don't think you beat any other legitimate hand that this player has. If you think he is bluffing based on your read then go ahead and call.

This river is an easy fold for me, as I have top pair, okay kicker. Any legitimate hand that the villian pushes with kills my hand. Even if he is a bit flaky he could have hit two pair on the river with T7 or something like that.

But if you think he's bluffing then call. You said you didn't think he wanted a call from you and you had showed weakness, but this hand doesn't feel like that to me. The problem is that you didn't check three streets, you checkraised the flop, showing strength and a probable King. His river bet shows me he can beat a King.

Again, your hand can only beat a bluff, but going out 10th is the same as 2nd, so if that's your read then go for it.

C

dollyfan
09-25-2004, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop raise is fine. You must either call the turn or raise again after he bets 10.

The river is player specific. I don't think you beat any other legitimate hand that this player has. If you think he is bluffing based on your read then go ahead and call.

This river is an easy fold for me, as I have top pair, okay kicker. Any legitimate hand that the villian pushes with kills my hand. Even if he is a bit flaky he could have hit two pair on the river with T7 or something like that.

But if you think he's bluffing then call. You said you didn't think he wanted a call from you and you had showed weakness, but this hand doesn't feel like that to me. The problem is that you didn't check three streets, you checkraised the flop, showing strength and a probable King. His river bet shows me he can beat a King.

Again, your hand can only beat a bluff, but going out 10th is the same as 2nd, so if that's your read then go for it.

C

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I checked raised the flop against an aggresive player and he called instead of reraising me I put him on king as will but also w/o a good kicker. His Turn bet was only half his flop bet and about 10% of the pot. I looked at this as a value bet. When I just called, like I said I was planing on check/raising the river. But this also made my hand appear weak to him (or at least I think it did). I aggree that I should have played this hand stronger on the turn to get a better read on him. But with him calling my reraise on the flop it was hard to think that I still had the best hand. Since I was first to act on the turn and thought I might be beat. How aggressive should I be on my opening bet on the turn?

SCfuji
09-25-2004, 05:46 PM
im assuming that the blinds are around 5/10, since MP bet 10 on the turn. so, preflop we have the SB that folded, your 10, MP 10, and button's 10 for a pot of 35. on the flop we have 120 going into the pot to make it 155. as soon as MP underbets the pot (10/155) on the turn i would reraise as you did on the flop. with my limited experience, i would think MP has a pair of tens ala JT or QT. you tripled his bet on the flop. why would he bet the minimum into a decent sized pot if he knew you were strong?
i spit on underbets and i think you should have pumped the turn.

rjb03
09-25-2004, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't view that as a value bet on the turn; I'd see it as him trying to control the size of the pot, which is exactly what he did.

reecelights
09-25-2004, 08:08 PM
If you read him as weak and just showed strength by check-raising, you bet the turn at least as much as the bet of you raise (60 or more). By checking the turn, it looks as if you put a play on him on the flop and are now scared.

You were right about his weakness, and it does look as if he caught two pair on the river. As someone else saiad, if you think he's bluffing, call. Same payout for 7th as 2nd.

dollyfan
09-25-2004, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the help. It ended up that he had K6. I won the pot. But I knew I should have played the hand differently. Thanks again.