PDA

View Full Version : Bet/call on the river

Quercus
09-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villian is very loose/passive and will play to the showdown if she's caught any sliver of the board.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???

topspin
09-25-2004, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is very loose/passive and will play to the showdown if she's caught any sliver of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like an easy value bet with this read.

EDIT: Ugh, sorry, I misread the board as a 3-flush instead of a 4-flush. With a 4-flush I take the free showdown.

milesdyson
09-25-2004, 12:12 AM
Any sliver of the board means she'll call with the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I just check. Why let her c/r if that's what she's trying to do. A bet either does nothing (she folds), earns you 1 more bet, or leads to losing another one.

Nottom
09-25-2004, 12:38 AM
I'd bet.

Nottom
09-25-2004, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any sliver of the board means she'll call with the 3 .

[/ QUOTE ]

It also means she will call with the 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and there are twice as many of those.

If she check-raises its the world's easiest fold.

Quercus
09-25-2004, 01:14 AM
I took the free showdown and villain turned over 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif