PDA

View Full Version : Terry/Grady

Toro
09-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Terry/Grady, Terry/Grady, Terry/Grady. Don't see a difference.

Note to next Red Sox manager: Next time the Red Sox are involved in a big close game with the Yankees, take Pedro out after the 7th inning.

andyfox
09-25-2004, 01:14 AM
"If I run out there after two pitches ... it would make it look like I wasn't making a very good decision before the inning," Francona said. "We put a lot of thought into what we're doing. I was disappointed it was a tie game instead of having a one-run lead, but two pitches into the inning he's still, in my opinion, he's OK."

Oi-vay.

nothumb
09-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Pedro, on questions of paternity:

"What can I say -- just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy," Martinez said. "I can't find a way to beat them at this point. ... They're that good. They're that hot right now -- at least against me. I wish they would disappear and not come back."

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-25-2004, 09:39 AM
What's annoying about this one is that the night before he made a rational strategic choice - rest his best relievers - in a game against Baltimore. The decision being that being strong for October was more important than catching the Yankees in September. Yet, this decision goes the other way. Why isn't saving Pedro's arm for the playoffs more important than winning *this* game?

bosoxfan
09-25-2004, 10:56 AM
My guess is I haven't watched Pedro pitch as much as Terry, but even I know to get him out after 100 pitches. For a team that prides itself of crunching the numbers how do they miss this well documented fact?