PDA

View Full Version : Did the Red Sox change managers?

andyfox
09-24-2004, 10:38 PM
I thought perhaps Grady was back in the dugout in the 8th inning. Pedro is no good after 100 pitches. Didn't Francona get the memo?

On another note: Crain, Rincon, Romero, Nathan: is there a better relief staff in baseball? And now that Santana has won twenty, is there any doubt who'll win the Cy Young award? Perhaps if Schilling no-hits the Yankees on Sunday, he might win it. Otherwise it's over.

Rivera is struggling. Needless to say, the Yankees can't win without him at his best.

And now to watch the four California teams battle. Oakland is off to a fast start.

Toro
09-24-2004, 10:42 PM
I must have beat you to it by seconds.

The Eck is on the post game show and he's saying that taking Pedro out was a "no brainer". Eck who is a cool customer must have said "I'm angry" 4 times.

andyfox
09-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Just noticed your post. Again, the game wasn't as important as many are making it out to be. Actually, tomorrow's game is key for both teams, not really regarding who wins, but more as to how the starters do. Wakefield will be fighting for a rotation spot in the playoffs, and Vasquez has been quite shaky the last month or so.

I missed the middle innings. Did Mussina ever gain any velocity? He sure didn't have much of a fast ball in the first two innings.

Toro
09-24-2004, 10:54 PM
I don't know about his velocity but he pitched well. He didn't give up many hits but the Sox got a couple of bombs off him.

Pedro on the other hand was not sharp at all. In trouble all night having only 2 123 innings.

kyro
09-25-2004, 12:14 PM
How is it that 80 percent of Red Sox "followers" know that Pedro Martinez is not the "ace" he used to be and just doesn't have the stamina in the world...yet somehow we find the two guys who think this guy is a workhorse? What exactly has Francona done this year?

Matt Flynn
09-25-2004, 02:03 PM
same old extraordinarily bad management from the red sox.

there is no excuse for pedro or schilling getting on the mound right now, let alone pitching into the 8th inning. red sox mgt are doing everything in their power to hurt their postseason chances. can't wait to see schilling throw a couple of complete games before the playoffs.

matt

Uston
09-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Andy, no one is exaggerating the impact of last night's game. Yes, it's only one game and Boston was a big dog to win the AL East anyway, but the Yankees figure to be Boston's opponent if they make it to the ALCS and because of this idiocy, the Yankees own Pedro more than they did two days ago (and they owned him like crazy two days ago).

youtalkfunny
09-27-2004, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps if Schilling no-hits the Yankees on Sunday, he might win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

7 IP, 1 H...

Nice call!

bugstud
09-27-2004, 05:24 AM
I think the Angels have an equivalent relief corps, but it's real close. Percival is the weak link in the pen over there. Anaheim just uses guys that aren't well known.

andyfox
09-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Close, but no cigar. My money's still on Santana.

I'd vote Santana, Schilling, Nathan in that order.

Toro
09-27-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Close, but no cigar. My money's still on Santana.

I'd vote Santana, Schilling, Nathan in that order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking more and more that there will be a Round 1, 1st game dream match-up of Santana vs. Schilling.