PDA

View Full Version : Slowplay situation or not

kiemo
09-24-2004, 09:25 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (2 handed)

Hero (t4004)
Button (t9496)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Button raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t625) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets t800</font>, Hero calls t800.

Turn: (t2225) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (t2225) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t2779 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t2779.

Final Pot: t7783
<font color="green">Main Pot: t7783 (t7783), between Hero and Button.</font>

Button is a weak player who has pretty much lucked his way into the final two. He took chip lead on last hand when I made a stupid check-raised all-in call with 99 on a J88 board. Also he min raises from small blind every time and he folds almost every time I make a serious raise.

I am curious how I played this hand. My intention was to check-raise all-in on the turn.

You can guess what he had, heres a hint: only one card in the whole deck beats me.

Also slowplaying flopped straights I guess only works in the movies /images/graemlins/cool.gif

rjb03
09-24-2004, 11:19 PM
I would never slowplay that flop. There are too many cards in the deck you don't want to see hit on the turn. Aside from that, you're headsup with him and a +2:1 chip dog, so slowplay or not, if he has any kind of hand I think he'll likely call with a lot of outs on that flop, so it was likely you were going to lose either way.

ilya
09-25-2004, 01:08 AM
I think trying to slowplay that flop is a (somewhat) subtle example of getting impatient. When the flop hits your hand this hard, it's hard not to convince yourself that you magically have a lock on the hand. But you really don't want to get impatient when playing heads-up. Considering that your opponent is weak and that the relatively low blinds mean there's still a lot of room for outplaying him before it becomes an all-in frenzy, I think you should raise all-in and try to take down the (already quite healthy) pot right on the flop.
But, yeah, he's prolly calling anyway.