PDA

View Full Version : 3 quick hands

joker122
09-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Hand 1:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Hand 2:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Hand 3:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Nate tha' Great
09-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Hand 1. I think it's probably slightly better to throw this away. He could be semi-bluffing with a heart draw that he picked up on the turn, but in order to do that, he would have to have had some excuse to call on the flop, and I don't think there are too many hands that would like this flop very much in a smallish pot against a PFR.

2. What can you do? I'd would call the river if he bets in the hopes of picking off AJ/JT/AT or something.

3. I would raise the turn with the intention of taking a free showdown. The way that you played it, I would call on the end and look him up.

joker122
09-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks, Nate. In the first 88 hand I was shown AKo and felt stupid. In the second I was shown QJo.

2ndGoat
09-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Hand 1:
When pure rags come up a lot of opponents are going to figure the flop helped you no more than it helped them. I tend to call players with any kind of spunk in them in this situation most of the time.

2)
I vote for check-fold if he's at all passive, which pre-flop play suggests. Yes there's a good chance of JT, but also QJ/QT. I'd need to know the player at least a tiny bit to make a decision to call.

3) looks good to me.

2ndGoat

Nemesis
09-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Just curious nate. What's the point in raising the turn hoping for a "free" showdown. Is it that you can check behind and see his hand when he checks to you when you don't make your flush. And also the extra bet you get when you do make it? To me call/call seems the same w/o risking a 3 bet on the turn.

Guido
09-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Hand 1: I fold the turn after an uncoordinated flop like this.

Hand 2: Fine

Hand 3: I raise the turn and check behind on the river when I don't improve.

Guido