PDA

View Full Version : I had trouble with these $1/$2 Party 6-max hands

Jeff W
09-24-2004, 08:44 PM
I'm new to 4-tabling $1/$2 6-max(~5000 hands) and just played a 250 hand session with a lot of swings and a lot of situations where I was unsure of my course of action. Three of these hands involve an underpair on a paired board. Hand histories follow:

Hand 1: Set on 4-straight board

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds.

River: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between Hero and MP.</font>

Hand 2: Underpair on trips board vs. Loose/Passive Flop Player

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Hand 3: Another underpair on trips board against same player

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between Hero and Button.</font>

Hand 4: Underpair on paired board vs. lag/semi-maniac

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (9.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.25 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

Thanks for all the help.

Cleveland Guy
09-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Hand 1 - Well played. The fact that it was a gut shot straight on the turn makes it a bit less likely. Plus you still had plenty of re-draws to a full house or quads. Well played

Hand 2 - I think this one was fine also. Just curious, if you got raised on the turn, would you have check called the river instead of leading out?

Hand 3 - Bet the river. I think there is a great chance he doesn't have a club here

Hand 4 - are you only calling down because he is a lag/semi maniac? even so, you called his caps on the flop, and he hasn't given up. that 3rd and 4th spade are pretty scary to me. I might have ditched this one on the turn. Trips, flush, and straight are all possile, as well as an over pair.

Jeff W
09-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Hand 2-Yes I would have check called the river. I bet the turn to stop a semi-bluff

Hand 3-Call me a maniac, but I was going for the check raise=] Do you think I played the rest of the hand well?

Hand 4-I changed my mind on him after playing with him for awhile after the post. He is a complete maniac. He tilted away a lot of money. I definitely wouldn't call the turn against an average player. But you're probably right that this is a -EV calldown even vs. a maniac