PDA

View Full Version : How badly did I play this? Need Help!

Patriarch
09-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I'm happy with this... I planned to go crazy on the flop if a T hit or there were no overcards to my pair.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Can't really explain this. I think I should have either raised or folded, but I really wimped out and called, hoping to hit a T.
Turn: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Now, I suddenly decided to raise. I figured there was a chance UTG+1 didn't have a Q, because of all the raising preflop, and UTG had been playing ultra-loose since I sat down, so I raised.

River: (12.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

I became convinced that neither of my opponents had a Q (despite them both calling a turn raise) and so figured a value bet would be a good idea.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Obviously I messed up this hand on the turn and the river, but I am still wondering what the correct action on the flop was. Can anyone give me some idea of how to play this?

Rubeskies
09-24-2004, 08:21 PM
3-bet preflop

Raise or fold the flop. I'd raise. There is a decent chance you have the best hand and you want to knock people out with single overcards. This would be a lot easier if you 3-bet preflop.