PDA

View Full Version : what should i have done?

housenuts
09-24-2004, 07:37 PM
i can't wait to get my hand history so i'm just going to post this now. i'm still in the middle of an SNG, this just happened.

25/50

I have 1400, and get dealt QQ UTG. I raise it up to 200. It's folded to the button who has T2500. He calls. SB goes all-in for 700. Now it's back to me. What do you do?

MrFeelNothin
09-24-2004, 07:46 PM
clear push. If you flat call you're prett much pot-committed anyways, I'd prefer to get the player who has a chance at busting me out and take it heads-up with the short stack.

JasonK
09-24-2004, 07:46 PM
I'd push and hope the SB comes along.

oscar057
09-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Its an easy push. This will probably make you heads up with the SB. If you lose it is just bad luck.

wjmooner
09-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Push, and it's not even close

C

patrick dicaprio
09-25-2004, 10:12 AM
pushing is probably right but there are a few factors to consider:

1.The button called an Ep raise. if he is a decent player he knows that you have a good hand and that there is a good chance the SB will go all in with most playable hands. so his calling standards should be high since he may have to call an all in after calling your raise.

2. given the above, if he is thinking forwardly, he knows that you will push all in with your really good hands since you want to play a legit EP raising hand heads up vs. the SB and want him out.

obviously calling is out of the question so it is raise or fold. all in is the only raise you can do here so it is all in or fold. he is getting approx 2-1 on a call of your push.

Pat

SmileyEH
09-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Push but expect to be up against AA or KK a small percentage of the time...you will be up against 2 lower pairs a lot more often though.

Push in a heartbeat.

btw, what buy in is this from?

-SmileyEH

NotMitch
09-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Push unless you have some history with the button that strongly suggests a monster.

housenuts
09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
this is at $10+1. I actually folded the hand. button called the all-in. he showed 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The SB had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I would have in very good shape if I called but didn't have the right feeling. A little while later I was dealt AKo and an UTG player went all-in(about T1000) the player that was on the button in the previous hand thought forever and then just called. I went all-in and he called for the extra 100 or so. I can't remember what the original raiser had, but the other guy had 66. I caught an ace and tripled up. Do you think this was a better situation to get my money in?

kyro
09-27-2004, 03:35 PM
you folded the third best hand in poker without definite reads that the guy only reraises all in with AA or KK...

i think you can answer your own question. poooosh it in.

wjmooner
09-27-2004, 03:45 PM
You folded a hand where you would have had to deal with two undercards and one overcard for a situation where you had the short end of a coinflip and spiked your ace.

No, that is not a better spot to get all of your money in.

Chris