PDA

View Full Version : Three kings on scary turn... advice please?

GlemZurg
09-24-2004, 07:18 PM
With only $3 invested in the pot I'm thinking I should fold to the turn all-in. MP3s overbet of the pot means (if I'm against a straight or flush) I don't have good enough odds to draw to a full-house.

Does that sound right?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Paradise Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed)

BB ($10.00)
UTG ($12.30)
UTG+1 ($3.05)
MP1 ($8.05)
MP2 ($16.30)
MP3 ($9.80)
CO ($6.32)
Button ($7.90)
GlemZurg ($44.17)

Preflop: GlemZurg is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.10. GlemZurg posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $0.10, <font color="CC3333">GlemZurg (poster) raises to $0.65</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.55, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.55, CO folds, Button calls $0.55.

Flop: ($3) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">GlemZurg bets $2.6</font>, UTG+1 calls all-in $2.40, MP2 calls $2.60, Button folds.

Turn: ($8) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
GlemZurg checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets all-in $13.05</font>, <font color="red">GlemZurg ???</font>

Benal
09-24-2004, 07:30 PM
I would have bet out on the turn.. makes this hand easier to play..

Leo Bello
09-24-2004, 07:55 PM
It is a scary board indeed.
First pre-flop, 8 people were in before u raised. Your raise was way to small for KK on a bad position. 6.5 BB. Principally at low limits where people call with everything. TYhat makes it harder to read your opponents post-flop.
Maybe you should have bet pot on flop to not give odds to chasers. But, I think if he called 2.60, the next 0.40 wouldnīt make all that difference. Anyway, the board was already scary on the flop. One person moved all-in, this one could be already with str8, or maybe chasing the flush.
When you hit your trips on the turn, you should have bet out even with the flush out there. That is because he doesnīt know what u have, and if he didnīt have the flush or had a minor flush (not A), he could have folded to you. the problem is how much to bet, cause if u bet pot, you will be putting him practically all-in, so if he decides to call he will probably move all-in, then you are probably done. Half-pot bet?
Folding in that position, is hard to evaluate.You have him covered. You have to worry only about him, because the other all-in is just a separate pot. In terms of pot, since it is small, you should be folding. It is a hard decision, cause u still have one small chance of redraw.
Folding is conservative, and you can play safer hands later, forfeiting 3 dollars (hey that is 30 BB... is it all that small??). Calling would be 130 BB tough...
It is a moments decision, depending much on your read on opponents. With good opponents you are probably beaten, but can redraw.