PDA

View Full Version : LOSS LIMITS

06-11-2002, 03:09 AM
I PLAY 10-20 HOLDEM. SHOULD I SET A LOSS LIMIT AT ANY ONE SESSION. USUALLY I WILL BUY IN FOR 300. THEN 200. THEN 100. AND IF THINGS DONT CHANGE RETURN TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

06-11-2002, 04:33 AM
the more i play the more i realize the importance of 'living to fight another day'.

but i would just buy in everything all at once. you really look weak when you keep making short buys.

brad

06-11-2002, 06:51 AM
Buy in with $500 and play your game, forget about loss limit. The only time you should leave is if your tired or have to go home otherwise never leave offcourse having a bad image could mean you should change tables. I personally dont have a loss limit for any one session. Just bring a couple of thousand and play it out for as many hours as you can until you feel you have had enough.

-MJ

06-11-2002, 01:30 PM
Even more important than stop-losses are stop wins. Everytime you win 500 at 10-20, you will lose it right back for sure. So quit immediately once you hit that number! Spend the rest of the day savoring your hit and run success in a state of pure delight.

Never have stop losses. If you lose, keep rebuying and continue playing until you breakeven, then quit. Do not ever have losing sessions. When you have a losing session, you are a loser. Do not be a loser. Play marathon sessions if you have to but never leave the card room stuck. Develop stamina.

In summary, this is the winning money management formula for poker success: When you win, quit immediately and lock in to your sure profits. I mean, what is mor stupid than to give your winnings back? Hit and run artists are the biggest winners in poker. When you lose, keep playing until you're even. People who are willing to leave the game stuck are the biggest losers in poker. Never leave the game stuck. Always try to get even when you're behind (loosen up your playing requirements if you have to but never quit when you're losing. Quitters are losers!). This is the winning way.

06-11-2002, 02:07 PM

06-11-2002, 02:48 PM
I realize this post is tounge in cheek, (God I hope it is!!!!) but it is pointless and a waste of space. God forbid some poor schmuck would take you seriously!

Fitz

06-11-2002, 03:14 PM
What if that poor schmuck ended up in your game? Wouuld't you appreciate John Patrick more then?

/images/smile.gif

Jimbo

06-11-2002, 05:28 PM

06-12-2002, 12:12 PM
One of the first things I read about hold 'em was written by the gaming author John Patrick. I don't know if our poster is truly one in the same, but he claims to be an expert. I lost most of my humor for Mr. Patrick when he advocated NEVER raising preflop. Also, he outlined one of the most worthless methods of playing craps I've ever seen. Lyle Stuart's book was more illuminating, and he spent half of it talking about feelings and hunches... lol.

I really do have a sense of humor, but I don't have much tolerance for this guy.

Thanks,

Fitz

06-12-2002, 12:42 PM
I'm printing JP's advice and will distribute them to my opponents. LOL