PDA

View Full Version : Help me fold , I think

norgule
09-24-2004, 06:15 PM
The table is pretty rounded , except no LAG's. Mostly loose passive , with a couple of tight aggressives.
CO is tight aggressive.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

I'm thinking I may be beat here, but Im not entirely sure.
No one capped the bet so CO may have anything from AKo or AQo, to two jacks. I'm also thinking Mp3 may have JT or KJ etc. , but he may also have J9 so how do I fold.Also I have 14sb to me, not being sure I'm beat ,and a decent sized pot and a one gap gut shot straight draw to boot , not to mention implied odds if I hit the straight or full boat
how do I fold?

Turn: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Now I have a gut shot to a straight, albeit not necessarily the nut, and the pot to me giving me 5 to 1 after the raise,
is this the appropriate place to fold?

River: (17 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Theres no way either of these two fold , did I mess up with the over call. I'm still not over 95% sure I'm beat, should I be /images/graemlins/confused.gif?

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20 BB, between MP3, CO and Hero.</font>

Quercus
09-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Bet the flop. Worry about folding if you get raised.

wabe
09-24-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't know why you checked; you should bet that flop. Now that you checked, though, would people recommend re-raising?

Frank A. Adrian
09-24-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you checked; you should bet that flop. Now that you checked, though, would people recommend re-raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would have. I have top two pair and the checkraise doesn't cost much on the flop. Plus, if the villian re-raised, I'd have more information to make my stay/fold decision. The way the hand was played, villian wasn't charged and hero didn't learn anything.

Saint_D
09-24-2004, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Worry about folding if you get raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quercus knows what he is talking about. Top pair is almost always a betting hand. With your PP you need information, and a bet is likely to give you some.

I would bet this, and I would see a lot of people with better cards just call me down on each betting round. Since they are playing weak, I make a note of it and take thier money later with bluffs and semi-bluffs.

QQ is pretty strong here, you are losing to a J, but since there are 2 on the board, it's unlikely. If someone raises, they have KK, AA, Jx or LAG.

What does everyone think of a check-raise? You represent the Jx that way. If someone raises that, you are done. There is a strong chance you have the best hand at this point.

-Saint_D