PDA

View Full Version : First 2 hands of a session. Both AQ

mmbt0ne
09-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Wow, I wish every session started off like this. Only I wish that I played the second hand better. Please berate my passiveness. Between the limp re-raise and the check 3-bet I put him on AA or KK, and was just not able to pull the trigger again. Looking back, I think that I had only played two hands and had been raising this much might have caused some people to play back at me harder than usual.

Hand 1:

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="green">Hero (poster) raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="green">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="green">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="green">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Hand 2:

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="green">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="green">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="green">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="green">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="green">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="green">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, UTG calls.

I almost don't call the cap here. Is that horrible?

Turn: (14.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (14.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Peter Harris
09-24-2004, 06:10 PM
you shouldn't be checking the turn AND river in hand 2. If you're too scared to bet the turn, at least bet the river, pleeeeeease.

Am i wrong?

Regards,
Pete Harris

Quercus
09-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Hand 1: no other way to play it.

Hand 2: If I've got reads that one of the villains is a bit maniacal, I stay in. If not, I dump before I invest anymore in this pot in the hopes of hitting a set of Qs.

If I do stay in, I bet the turn because I don't fear the check-raise when two players who couldn't get enough betting on the preflop and flop suddenly shut down.

mmbt0ne
09-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Peter: You're definitely not wrong. I almost hit myself in the face after clicking check twice.

Quercus: I had only seen a couple hands at the table before I posted, but there was one hand where the main villian raised preflop with Q7s and proceeded to raise a flop of 47J rainbow, so I figured I'd hold on for the ride.