PDA

View Full Version : A hand I played badly

scooby
09-24-2004, 05:10 PM
I'm on the button at party 15/30 and can't find the hand history, so here goes:
Very loose player open raises (just raised with K7o) from MP. Good player 3bets. I think given that good player realizes that this is a loose open raise, his 3bet range could be wider than normal. I cap from the button with AKo. Open raiser and good player call. Flop comes down 266 with two spades. I have the ace of spades. Loose player checks, good player bets, I raise, loose player folds, good player calls.

Turn is 5, no spade. Check Check.
River is 5, no spade. Good player bets, I call.

Comments? I'm not really happy with this, but I'm not sure how to improve.

mmcd
09-24-2004, 06:01 PM
It sucks having to make that call at essentially 4.5:1 (cause you are usually splitting at best), but you have to make it.

Given that he bet into you on the flop, I'm guessing he has a small to medium pocket pair (or maybe AK) since it appears he wanted to get rid of the loose player.

Although if he decided to get extra frisky with the idiot, I suppose he could have a 2, 33, or 44 that just got counterfitted.

I think you are probably behind here, but you have to see a showdown in most cases. I'd probably bet the turn and check-behind on the river unimproved. (that way, if you spike an A or K, you can bet the river and put your opponent in the position of having to make a crying call)

astroglide
09-24-2004, 06:07 PM
bet the turn and check the river instead

steveyz
09-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Definitely bet the turn. After your pf cap and flop raise, a good opponent will probably not check-raise you with anything you are drawing live to.