PDA

View Full Version : Planet Poker

M50Paul
09-24-2004, 04:42 PM
I will be playing low limit on-line for the first time. I received a $50 coupon from Planet Poker. Has anyone played there and is it any good? When I go there I dont see many people playing. That is not a good sign

JAque
09-24-2004, 04:53 PM
It is pretty safe to play there. I think there are alot regulars and the games may not be that soft. I am sure other posters have much up to date information.

JAque

M50Paul
09-24-2004, 05:08 PM
What do you mean by games may not be that soft?

kdog
09-24-2004, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by games may not be that soft?

[/ QUOTE ]

He means the games may not be as easy to beat as they are at some other sites. And he's probably right if for no other reason than Planet is a smaller site and many of their regulars are familiar with each other's games.

This does not mean the games are not beatable. They are. Use the coupon and give the site a try. Clear the bonus and then decide if you like the site enough to stay around or not.

Good Luck

StevieG
09-24-2004, 11:57 PM
I play Planet micro tables. It's a fun site, people tend to be relaxed - very rarely do you see people in chat bitching about someone else's play. Much more likely to be cracking jokes.

Yes, since there are fewer players it is easier to get to know some players and get to know them. But there are still plenty of others that the games I play seem plenty soft. Besides, sometimes the players you get to know have behavior you can exploit.

And the one or two times I've had to deal with customer support, they have been helpful.

Good luck at Planet, Paul.

kylemontero
09-25-2004, 02:23 AM
It used to be a real contender back in the day. I never had a problem with them but their is not alot of no limit action there so I wont play there no more.

naschburger2
09-25-2004, 03:58 AM
I got the same bonus offer and cleared it by playing in the 3 6 omaha hl game they seem to have almost every evening. But planet points to clear the bonus will take forever if you play micro limits since it is a % of rake that counts toward planet points. They take the rake and divide it by the amount of players that were dealt into the hand. I find omaha the best because by its nature you get more callers and higher rakes at the same limit as holdem. You need 10 planet points for every dollar of bonus so 500 planet points for $50. It was one of the original sites and is not doing much but has always been very reliable for cash outs.

jasonkm1
09-25-2004, 04:20 AM
Hi,

I use to play there a lot, but since they did the software change my computer keeps crashing so I had to stop playing there. I did like it though, fast payouts and the best thing is they have a frequent player points thing where you can use to enter tourneys instead of paying cash to buy in. Other sites let you play in tourneys where the entry fee is points only, thus the payout is not that good. Planet had cash tourneys where you can use your points instead, so the payouts were better because you were playing with people who also entered using the cash buy in.