PDA

View Full Version : John Kruk is not smart

Uston
09-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Guess the Krukker's pick for the most valuable player in the major leagues.
Did you guess Chone Figgins?

I know about Bonds and Pujols and all those guys. But they show up to the ballpark every day knowing they're going to play and where they're going to hit in the order. Not Chone. He has to take a few grounders all over the field, and then find some time to hit. If you think that doesn't sound like a big deal, imagine going to work every day and not knowing what your boss will have you do that day -- but you have to be prepared for all of it.

If there's a more valuable player in the league, then I'd like to meet him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=kruk/040924

Toro
09-24-2004, 04:19 PM
I was sold on John Kruks intelligence in that All Star game in that at bat against Randy Johnson when he got buzzed inside on the first pitch.

Kruk who is not a switch hitter immediately turned around and batted right handed for the rest of the at bat. Anyone intelligent person would have done the same against the big unit. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

M2d
09-24-2004, 04:33 PM
utterly completely false. Kruk is the man!!

ThaSaltCracka
09-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Kruk is a fat POS and I wish they would take his stupid ass off of ESPN and send him back to Fox. This is the same guy who thinks Schilling deserves the Cy Young solely because he has more wins than Santana.

Philuva
09-24-2004, 05:09 PM
That was Larry Walker, not Kruk.

The year Johnson threw a ball over Kruk's head, Kruk proceeded to bail out on three straight pitches and K. It actually changed his batting stance and approach for a while afterwards, it was also the year he was flirting with .400 at the AS break, but his avg. took a dive after the AS game.

Uston
09-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Are you sure it was Walker? I also thought it was Kruk.

Uston
09-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Well, he's now changed his tune and he feels Brad Lidge has been better than both Schilling and Santana. I'll give the guy credit for being creative.

MrFeelNothin
09-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Among all the Minnesota haters on ESPN he is the worst. Hey Krukie, I haven't looked at the standings recently, what happened to your darling Indians? Oh, and the notion of even considering Schilling over Santana is just ridiculous and completely east-coast biased. Besides my bias against him because of his bias, he just doesn't know anything about baseball. BT just keeps getting worse, its gotten to the point where Peter Gammons is the only one worth listening to on the show.

MrFeelNothin
09-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Kruk and Walker were both buzzed in all-star games by Johnson. Kruk freaked out and immediately struck out. Walker, always a classy guy, handled it much better. He flipped his helmet around backwards and switched to lefty which was hilarious.

Toro
09-24-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was Larry Walker, not Kruk.

The year Johnson threw a ball over Kruk's head, Kruk proceeded to bail out on three straight pitches and K. It actually changed his batting stance and approach for a while afterwards, it was also the year he was flirting with .400 at the AS break, but his avg. took a dive after the AS game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just heard an interview a couple of weeks ago on the radio where they talked about it. Quite sure it was Kruk.

Josh W
09-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, you got the right guys.

But Walker switched to Righty, not lefty.

Josh

ThaSaltCracka
09-24-2004, 07:34 PM
I still like Harold(how couldn't I) and Dibble. I don't know why they thought they needed to add Kruk, he just plain sucks! Why the hell is he even writing now for ESPN.com??? I don't know how many shitty columns I have read by this fat turd. He needs to go find a neck, then maybe I could listen to him /images/graemlins/mad.gif

http://www.grabow.biz/images/JohnKruk.jpg [censored] you Krukker, you dumb mutha krukker!!!!

MrFeelNothin
09-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Oops, I forgot about Harold. I respect his opinions and Gammons' opinions and that is it.

Oh and yes of course Larry Walker bats left and fields right how could I make such an egregious mistake- he was my favorite player when I was a Colorado sports fan. Thanks for the correction.

Anyone who still thinks Schilling should win the Cy, check out Johan tonite- hes currently on a 30 inning scoreless streak. (31.2 and counting now).

The Dude
09-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Harold Reynolds is the man.

daryn
09-24-2004, 09:52 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

Anyone who still thinks Schilling should win the Cy, check out Johan tonite- hes currently on a 30 inning scoreless streak. (31.2 and counting now).

[/ QUOTE ]

way to go mr. jinx.

andyfox
09-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Definitely Walker, and definitely a set-up joke between Walker and RJ, who had known each other from their earlier years in Montreal's system.

MrFeelNothin
09-25-2004, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
way to go mr. jinx.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, baseball is definitely the most superstitous sport and needless to say, Johan did get scored on 2 innings later. However, he only gave up one run and got the win, and if the game really mattered at all he would have pitched 7 or maybe even 8. As it is he Ked 6 in 6 innings. Not his most impressive outing, but still stellar.