PDA

View Full Version : Oh. No. That's not a good card.

MoreWineII
09-24-2004, 03:33 PM
4/8 LAG-fest. Atypical of the normal 4/8 game I play in, we've got a bunch of characters drinking and laggin' it up tonight. I've never seen so many limp re-raises, PF 3-bets and caps with junky hands. It's good times.

Hero is CO with 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

3 callers to hero who calls, button raises, SB 3-bets, BB caps, we all call.

Flop is: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB bets, some folds, MP calls, hero raises, button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to hero, hero...?

Grvnhigh
09-24-2004, 04:27 PM
Bets. If your hand is still best, you must not give a free card to weak overs or the naked A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. If you are no longer/never were winning, you will find out soon enough.

cold_cash
09-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Ugh.

I think you have to bet here, but I really, really don't want to fold to a raise against this crowd. This is tough with the flush draw out there and all the overcards still possible that you don't want to see, giving a free card if you're ahead really sucks.

I think I bet. If it comes to me raised and re-raised, etc., I'm done, but if one of the LAG's raises I might pay it off all the way.

Where were you playing this game?

MoreWineII
09-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Frontier @ La Center.

Basically, the entire table was drinking. 5 people, in particular, played a drink pot about every other hand.

cold_cash
09-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I definetely need to get back up there.

MoreWineII
09-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Tonight's the best night. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

anatta
09-24-2004, 05:04 PM
In a big pot, you MUST bet to protect your hand on the turn. If you are behind (and in a loose game, most of the time you are still good), so be it, but maybe someone folds a higher spade, overcards to your pair, a pair, a gutshot, anything.

Anyone wait for the turn to raise ala SSH? So long as you can count on BB to bet, I think if a safe card comes, raising it up on the turn is a good play, get more money in when you have a bigger edge, plus button and SB more likely to fold (although button did fold on flop).

MoreWineII
09-24-2004, 05:10 PM
What's a safe card though? Besides a red 9. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

anatta
09-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Very true. Although any non spade 9 or lower is not too bad, even if it pairs the board, but one card straights aren't too fun to look at. Just hit the red 9!

MoreWineII
09-24-2004, 05:30 PM
...hero checks and immediately regrets it. Upon further review, I should have bet here and folded to a raise, imo. It's not unheard of for me to have the best hand still. And I do have (somewhat questionable) outs. A turn bet might get me a free river showdown as well.

Anyway, river is an red ace. Somebody bets, some people call, hero folds.

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif