PDA

View Full Version : Overplaying 66?

Rubeskies
09-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Did I try to do too much?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, MP1 folds.

River: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font>

dfscott
09-24-2004, 03:10 PM
With a small pair, overcard and a flush draw on the board, and not much of a pot, I'm outta here on the flop (and I'm king of milking marginal hands for all they're worth and then some).

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention: plenty of opponents out there holding overcards.

lil'
09-24-2004, 04:42 PM
If you could be assured that the raise would get you heads up for the turn, I'd like it a lot more.

With every cold-call, your heart sinks as you wonder why you wasted a BB.

This time you only got 1 cold call, so your heart only sunk a liitle. /images/graemlins/grin.gif