PDA

View Full Version : Critique me baby

Rasputin
09-24-2004, 01:55 PM
But be gentle, I'm new.

Okay, it's one of those six dollar turbo sit and go tourneys on pokerstars.

Fairly early on, in the big blind, get K10 suited and check with about four other callers.

Flop comes K Q rag

I bet roughly half the pot, two players call.

Turn is a 10.

I bet roughly the size of the pot. One player calls.

River is a Q.

I'm thinking if he calls the first bet he probably has either a pocket pair or an ace, king, queen, or the low pair.

When he called the second bet, which would have been about half his stack I decided it was AA, AK, AQ, KQ, or perhaps a set of whatever the rag was.

I checked, he bet almost all his remaining chips, and I folded.

What, if anything should I have done differently?

What should I have been asking myself?

Thanks,

ilya
09-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Could you tell us the stack sizes, blind level, suits, and what the 3rd card on the flop was?

stupidsucker
09-24-2004, 02:03 PM
All of those other factors are indeed very important.

Mainly depending on stack sizes and suits, you probably made a good fold. If you didnt have a boatload of chips left you perhaps should have pushed on the turn, your hand was vulnerable.

Rasputin
09-24-2004, 02:06 PM
I had pretty much 1500 minus a blind or two. He had roughly two thousand.

Blinds were 25-50.

The third card on the flop was, methinks either a five or six.

The flop was three suited, everything but spades (which is what my K 10 were). The ten on the turn was the same suit as the 5/6, and the queen on the river was a spade.

At least, as best I can remember.

Edit--and it turns out he was a buffoon who would call with almost anything so I'm sure he didn't have what I gave him credit for having and he busted out fairly soon after. And I finished fourth and certainly could have used the chips I lost let alone what I could have won.

If folding was appropriate, what about the size of the bets? It would have been about 150 after the flop and about 700 after the turn.

michaliv
09-24-2004, 02:22 PM
I think you made a good lay down here. The second Q killed your second pair, so if he has a K, you will get 1/2 the pot at best. If he has called you down w/ second pair (not uncommon at this level) he has you beat as well. You still have enough chips to come back (although you are short stacked), so I would wait for a better oppurtunity to put my last chips in.