PDA

View Full Version : Making an outs spreadsheet -- contributions requested

Greg J
09-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Okay, I am in the process of making an outs spreadsheet to refer to while playing. I play pretty much intuitively now, which has served me well, but i figure this will allow me to incorporate more math into my game, which will be more important as i move up limits.

So, I was hoping to get some contributions here, and also offer the opportunity to share this info. I have the listed outs to three of a kind or better on the right, and the type of draw to the left.

Some obvious things that are missing: backdoor flushes and straight draws -- I really can't remember how many outs they constitute or why for that matter, so if anyone posts that feel free to explain it to me -- I will be happy to learn why.

Also include those outs with pairs. And don't be afraid to check my accuracy. If I'm wrong about something tell me!

When this bad boy is completed I will be happy to share the chart. Just pm me and give me yr email.

Pair: 2
Gut shot/2 pair: 4
Gut shot + pair: 7
OESD/DGSD: 8
4 flush: 9
Set/trips: 10
OE/DGSD + pair: 11
4 flush + pair: 12
OE/DGSF draw: 15

flair1239
09-24-2004, 01:11 PM
SSH advises:

1. Backdoor flush 1.5 outs
2. No gap basck door straight: 1.5
3. (1) Gap BDS: 1
4. (2) Gap BDS: .5

Assumes all outs are clean.. (ie. no paired board, no double suited flop etc..)

witeknite
09-24-2004, 06:16 PM
One thing that I don't know if you thought about, but this is something I did. In putting down the number of outs, I put the odds of hitting by the river from both the flop and the turn. Then I made four rows showing how big the pot has to be at my level to call 1-4 bets cold at the two critical drawing rounds. This is a very handy reference during play. All I have to do is count my outs and compare the pot.

WiteKnite

detruncate
09-24-2004, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Set/trips: 10

[/ QUOTE ]

Trips/sets have 7 outs on the flop and 10 on the turn. You're a 1.99:1 dog to fill up by the river.

[ QUOTE ]

Some obvious things that are missing: backdoor flushes and straight draws -- I really can't remember how many outs they constitute or why for that matter, so if anyone posts that feel free to explain it to me -- I will be happy to learn why.

[/ QUOTE ]

The probability of hitting your BD flush is the product of probabilities of hitting each part. In other words, you have 9/47 on the flop * 8/46 on the turn, or ~3.3%. A 2 out draw is ~4.3% (2/47), and a 1 out draw is ~2.1% (1/47) ... hence 1.5 outs is a pretty good approximation (1.5/47 translates to 3.2%).

The BD straight draws get more complicated, as you have to include 0,1,and 2 gap varieties. I'm not going to run through the math, but I think SSH assigns 1.5, 1, and .5 outs repsectively (assuming that your cards don't make any probable better straights, of course).

Greg J
09-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Yeah that is essentially what I am doing.

Incidentally I have already found two errors of my own on my previous post. SD + pair is 10 outs not 11, and 4 flush plus a pair is 11 outs not 12.

bonanz
09-24-2004, 10:04 PM
outs chart (http://home.houston.rr.com/texasholdempoker/odds.htm)

This chart is courtesy of our good buddy lost wages. It might be of help to you.

regards,
bonanz

AlphaMeridian
09-25-2004, 05:10 AM
!!!! I have been looking for that chart for the past 2 weeks! I saw it shortly after i joined the forum, I was still new to the entire poker thing (actually, I still am, but relative levels) and I bumped into it thinking "i can find this again when I need to". Well, the time came, and I coudln't find it.

/me rejoices!

-Alpha

CWsports
09-25-2004, 06:17 AM
I tried printing the chart out but for some reason the suits come out as question marks, back slashes, and other weird symbols. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

steveg
09-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Try printing in excel. It worked for me

Greg J
09-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Sweet!

Thanks this really helps!

ncboiler
09-25-2004, 11:52 AM
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/showarticle.php?a_id=13913