PDA

View Full Version : Standard flop bet missed?

MHarris
09-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Table is loose, passive, generally a group of deer in headlights. No specific reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.
Not standard for me, but they looked so weak....

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button folds.
Feels like my actions were inconsistent here.

Turn: (5.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

River: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Bob T.
09-24-2004, 12:50 PM
I think betting and not betting on the flop are both OK. You are up against a fairly large field, and it is possible that you are behind (most likely to a pocket pair) on the flop. It all depends on how your opponents play postflop, what they will call with, what the button will coldcall with, etc. I like the coldcall followed by a fold to no bet. That shows that your game selection is fine.

easypete
09-24-2004, 12:53 PM
ATo in EP... I usually fold this pf. If you say the table is passive, I may limp. I don't think raising would have ever crossed my mind.

But since you raised this pf, I would bet the flop.