PDA

View Full Version : Best poker reference

ElSapo
09-24-2004, 12:41 PM
"Don't underestimate the importance of yesterday's silence to the District. After months of inspiring fear and trembling, Angelos appears not to have a battle plan. After all his bluster, his bluff was called. It looks like he's holding a busted flush."

From Thomas Boswell's column in today's Washington Post. Forget the poker reference though - baseball is headed back to D.C. That's just awesome.

ElSapo

mdjohnny
09-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Go Senators. I agree baseball is coming back to the district and its about time. It seems like throughout the 90s one team or another (the Padres, the Astros) were gonna come but Angelos blocked it. Now without Ripken and constant sellout crowds Angelos has lost his power. I cant wait for the interleague games, in Baltimore or at RFK, its gonna be great, possibly the best thing Mayor Williams has done for the nations capital.

Ice Man
09-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Best Poker Reference is from my Autobiography: "Top Gun."

Check out this dialogue:

HOLLYWOOD
You guys are not only crazy, you're dangerous!

Ice Man comes up from the end of the bar. He motions the Barmaid for another; it comes. Goose lights it. He gulps it down, cool as hell.

ICE MAN
(Disdainfully)
Frat boys.

He walks away. Slider goes after him.

MAVERICK
Who is that guy?

HOLLYWOOD
That's Kazanski.

GOOSE
No [censored]! That why they call him Ice Man?

HOLLYWOOD
Nope. It's the way he flies - Ice cold. No mistakes. Wears you down. After enough time, you just get bored and frustrated, you do something stupid, and he's got you.

MASON
Geeze, He's really on to something!

D. "SKAL"
You think that's something, you should see Ice Man play poker!

BARMAID
Ok, guys, here's your banana daquiris!

Sponger15SB
09-24-2004, 06:24 PM
ICEMAN!!!

Where have you been man?

Edit... I don't think top gun was an autobiography.