PDA

View Full Version : KK with Double Paired Board

CWsports
09-24-2004, 12:37 PM
I could use advice on how this hand should have been played.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 22 BB, between Hero and UTG+2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (22 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Ks Kd (full house, kings full of jacks).
UTG+2 has Qc Jd (full house, jacks full of fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 22 BB. </font>

davelin
09-24-2004, 12:50 PM
UTG+2 immediately goes into Buddy List.

CWsports
09-24-2004, 01:11 PM
ya, I thought the QJo 3-bet preflop call was a little on the thin side, lol. He deserved to lose the maximum calling with that crap. Maybe that's why I got lucky with the K on the river.....karma

flair1239
09-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Sorry misread post... too many UTGs..lol

toots
09-24-2004, 01:22 PM
His calling preflop sure seems like a mistake to me.

Then again, by the time the board paired the second time on the turn, you were betting either that the other guy (who raised you on the flop and bet into you on the turn) didn't have a jack or a 4. Or, you were betting that one of your two outs was going to come up on the river. That's about 23:1, and you're clearly not getting that sort of money out of the pot.

So, unless you had some particular reason to believe that the guy had neither a jack nor a four, and he's just prone to overbetting any pair or two pair, it seems like calling on the turn was a mistake and you just got lucky.

I had a similar hand/board the other day, but I wasn't so lucky. I felt like an idiot for calling at the turn, mainly because I knew I was making a mistake in doing so.

LowDown22
09-24-2004, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, unless you had some particular reason to believe that the guy had neither a jack nor a four, and he's just prone to overbetting any pair or two pair, it seems like calling on the turn was a mistake and you just got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]
No way can you even consider folding on this turn unless you actually 'see' he holds a Jack. There are several other hands out there that could play like this and you could beat. And even though it turned out he had a Jack, I would way more often expect to see AA or QQ based on the preflop action.

Well played hand.