PDA

View Full Version : TT, and a few min-raises

josie_wales
09-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Hey all,

Prima $1BB Game. About 38% to the flop most hands. Usually not for a raise, but if it is, it is usually a min-raise ($1-$3)

I am in the SB with TT and their are 2 limpers to MP that makes it $2 to go, two more callers, and I throw in the $1.50

At this point the BB makes it $3 total (yep, $1 more) to go, and there are 2 callers (again to MP who makes it $4 (yep, another $1).

Ends up with 5 of us to the flop for $4. We all have roughly even stacks. I will note later exact sizes.

FLOP: $21 T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

With 4 people in and the likelyhood of a couple of over cards creating an OESD, as well as the likelyhood that I can get calls out of overpairs and overcards, I decided to...

I ($140) bet out for $25. (figuring worst case, I take a $21 pot)

I get called by the BB($180) and the MP fella($130). Thats it. But, wow, two callers of $25? Overpair? Over cards? Slow playing a JJ?

TURN: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif (8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

Well, if I am behind, I am behind JJ, Q9, 79.

If I am behind JJ, so be it. He will have my stack. Q9 and 79 are not likely. Draws are.

I push $115.

Thoughts on:

No real question on my Preflop Play -- To me it is Ok to play for set value out of postion against a bunch of players? This is what I did. Sometimes I will raise it up in an attempt to get heads up. The situation did not seem right for it.

I am looking for comments on the flop play and the turn play

Thanks all,

jw

josie_wales
09-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Nothing?

jon_1van
09-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think there is anything wrong with this hand.

It also seems pretty straight forward....am I missing something?

amoeba
09-24-2004, 02:58 PM
I agree with your line.

Q9, 79 unlikely.

If you are behind JJ, so be it, though I find it unlikely with the PF minraise.

Yeknom58
09-24-2004, 03:01 PM
With the action and all the callers I don't see why you're so defensive about he preflop call, seems pretty routine.

Betting out on the flop looks good and pushing on the turn feels good. Being in the SB I might have gone for a flop CR but that's about it.

This looks like an overpair/top pair by one person but I would be a little concerned with the other guy. He could have KQ or some silly hand but I'm thinking I really like your hand and wouldn't be sad if one of them called.

josie_wales
09-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys.

I wasnt really defending the PF call, just saying that it is how I play it. I just wasnt really looking for comments on that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyways, I guess the turn push is my main question?

Am I just going to get hands that are in bad shape to fold? And just get called by those Jacks?

jw

richardn
09-24-2004, 03:10 PM
I hate min raises and min re-raises because without a read on the player there's no way to know what he has. At the same time it doesn't do much for him except put more money in the pot as almost everyone calls a min raise. That being said I like how you played this...one of them could easily have min-raised with AQo, AJo, maybe KQo? In this case you want to push because they now have an OESD.

You pushed on the flop to get out any draws but they both call a pot sized bet...this can't be good.

The turn card only hurts you if there's a 9 out there so I like the push on the turn. You want to win this pot now and a $115 bet into a $96 pot should do it if you're not already beat. No draws at this point are getting odds to make this call.

josie_wales
09-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Well, after I pushed, the BB thinks a minute and folds.

The MP Fella insta-calls (Ut-Oh)

River: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ((7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif))

He earned this pot with his 99 for the runner runner straight.

While many seem to think this is str8 forward, I was curious about the flop (only one mentioned a checkraise) and the push on the turn.

Thanks all,

jw

Yeknom58
09-24-2004, 03:24 PM
The min RR guy or the flat call guy could both have overpairs or AJ and you might get a call. Just because there wasn't preflop lighting doesn't mean they couldn't have those types of hands.

richardn
09-24-2004, 04:01 PM
He played that poorly...you didn't give him the odds to call and he did. You're only recourse is that you'll win that hand I think ~83% of the time.

On the river he's got 8 outs and won't even have the nut straight? That's a bad call by him and he got lucky. Not much you can do about that. I'd put some notes on him.