PDA

View Full Version : Clearing UB 50% bonus... some questions

SomethingClever
09-24-2004, 12:07 PM
I've never played on UB before, but I'm thinking about trying to take advantage of a 50% bonus they emailed me about. Some questions.

1) They say your bonus turns into real money at the rate of $1 for every 10 UB points you accumulate at .25/50 or higher. I plan on playing .5/1, any idea how many hands this translates to? Oh, by the way, it's a $100 max bonus.

2) Can you quad-table there?

3) Can you fund your deposit with NetTeller there?

4) What is the level of play? I think I've heard it's a lot tighter than Party/Empire. True?

Thanks in advance!

theghost
09-24-2004, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never played on UB before, but I'm thinking about trying to take advantage of a 50% bonus they emailed me about. Some questions.

1) They say your bonus turns into real money at the rate of $1 for every 10 UB points you accumulate at .25/50 or higher. I plan on playing .5/1, any idea how many hands this translates to? Oh, by the way, it's a $100 max bonus.

2) Can you quad-table there?

3) Can you fund your deposit with NetTeller there?

4) What is the level of play? I think I've heard it's a lot tighter than Party/Empire. True?

Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

1) the bonuses at UB clear very slowly - I have found that it is roughly equivalent to the rake you pay (so their bonus is like playing rake free)

2) I think so - and they have a mini-view that makes it so you dont even need 1200x1600

3) yep

4) alot tighter. Someone once commented that their .01/.02 games are tighter than party .5/1; I wouldn't go that far - but the games at UB are definitely tighter overall.

I'm going to deposit so I can get this bonus, but I don't usually play UB (and I still have some uncleared bonuses on their site from last time, whatever)

SomethingClever
09-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Am I looking at like 1,000 raked hands to clear $100? More? Less?

L0QTiS
09-24-2004, 12:30 PM
1. You're looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $2/hr in terms of expected rate for your bonus at a full table at .5/1 table (see the site review for UB on bonuswhores.com for the full table). You'll get 2x UB Points if you start a table (first or second to join a new table).

2. Three tables max if I recall

3. Yes

4. In my experience, slightly tighter, but still beatable. Apply proper table selection and you should be fine.

L0QTiS
09-24-2004, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I looking at like 1,000 raked hands to clear $100? More? Less?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll need 1000 points, and points are based on rake. See the UB website for an explanation of the rake/point award scale. You're looking at a long haul to clear at .5/1 but it's doable. I play 1-2 and 2-4 Omaha 8b and can usually clear a $100 bonus in about 20-35 hours of single table play depending on the game with a little holdem here and there.

Obviously, the higher the limit, the higher your earn rate.

B00T
09-24-2004, 12:39 PM
3 tables max on UB for certain.

RJCarter
09-24-2004, 01:03 PM
as mentioned above, you get double points if you are one of the first two players to sit at a table (i believe this resets if you sit out a hand, so make sure you can play a long stretch when you start out). typically, i play 3 tables of 1/2 & 2/4. i sign on, find empty tables, sit at them and before long they fill up and im taking down points right and left.

seriously, if you get on 3 tables of 1/2 and 2/4 where there is decent action (the points awarded depend on how high the rake is for each hand) AND where you started the table, their bonuses are super whorable.

Joining 1 table that is already full and playing it alone will get you only 1/6th of the points as playing 3 tables where you were one of the first two to sit.

SomethingClever
09-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Well, I would definitely play 3 tables, but I don't think I'll be playing higher than .5/1. I don't want to transfer a very significant portion of my bankroll.

Three tables of .5/1 worth it?

boogerboy
09-24-2004, 02:45 PM
you should accumulate points at about the rate of .25 per hand (it depends on the pot and the amount of rake taken). The nice thing about this site is you get credit for the raked hand even if you fold preflop.

With multi tables you will clear no problem.

I have also played at Party and Pacific. UB has better players than both.

Losing all
09-24-2004, 03:12 PM
The .25/.50 games at UB make .50/1. a total rock garden. Many pots go unraked and you'd be very lucky to clear $5 an hour on 3 .5/1. tables, probably closer to 3.5-$4.

Unlike Party, the 1-2 games are better than .50/1., and you'll clear your bonus at 8-10+ per. If you can't swing 1-2 start up 3 .25/.5 games, you'll clear at the same rate this way(probably more), and these games are much closer to party .50