PDA

View Full Version : Bunky's Back from PLNL land.! 15-30 hand checkup.

bunky9590
09-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Hey gang! Long time. Since the 200, 400, and 500 NLHE has officially slowed down my aggression, I decide to bring back the old Bunky and play some 15-30 limit at Full tilt.

In the game is CDC, and Gamblor. The game is really good, not one for the ages, but good nonetheless. I don't remember if Gamblor was here for this hand, but I know CDC was. Let me know if my limit game is back and/or how to adjust back. Thanks gang.

Bunky is on the button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
folded to CO, no read whatsoever only that he's down about 10-15 bets since I sat down with him.

Co raises to $30.00, Bunky three bets.
Blinds fold, CO calls.

Flop: $115.00
A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Co bets, Bunky smooth calls.

Turn: ($145.00) K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Co checks, Bunky bets, Co calls.

River ($205.00) 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Co checks, Bunky bets, Co calls.

Final pot: $265 less rake. ($262.00)

Routine? Any reason not to raise the flop?
I have a reason but it may be the NL carrying over.
Let me know.

Tosh
09-24-2004, 11:42 AM
I think you can go ahead and raise the flop. Otherwise standard of course.

Nottom
09-24-2004, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Routine? Any reason not to raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Becasue you want to raise the turn?

Heads-up this seems fine as long as it isn't standard.

bunky9590
09-24-2004, 11:47 AM
well with the flush draw out there my first gut instinct was to raise, but I just called. I want to get some more responses and then I'll give my reasoning for good or for bad.

bunky9590
09-24-2004, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, exactly. Long time buddy. Good to see your still here.

Danenania
09-24-2004, 12:03 PM
A turn raise screams "big hand" and is probably more likely to make him let go of something. A flop raise by you is expected and won't look as scary. So unless you have a total calling station on your hands, I think the less transparent route is better.

Tosh
09-24-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

That much was obvious! Either way you do it is ok, but I think I favour it on the flop.

Bob T.
09-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Seems reasonable. Headsup, I would have waited until a big bet street to raise, but when king appeared, I wouldn't have raised. When your opponent stops betting, you need to start making the bets.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Bob T.
09-24-2004, 12:27 PM
This is a headsup 15-30 hand, the turn raise isn't as likely to be a big hand as it would at a lower SS limit.

bunky9590
09-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey Tosh. I thought about it but didn't , like I said, maybe its the NL thing, but here's why.

His bet there could hav ebeen a lot of stuff, I could very well have been an auto bet for all I know. Happens a lot at that level, call the PF three bet and auto bet the flop.

Now if he's holding a medium Ace possibly my flop raise screams Big Ace (specifically AK) after the PF three bet and may give him the opportunity to fold.

If he has the dreaded AJ (which is a definite possiblility) a raise there sets me up for a turn CR, unless he's dumb enough to three bet the flop. He most definitely has to fit into this flop somewhere.

If he has a med PP, maybe with me just calling he'll fire again on the turn, maybe he won't.

The turn card was ugly as it was. The K completes a lot of hands and does not make mine any stronger. Now KJ, QT, JJ, AJ and AK, are all definitel possibilites for him to have. But, he checks. Uh uh. No checking on that turn card. If he had one of those hands, he would really have to bet there, as it would put the freighteners on him and me as well.

But, he has to think about what I may have as well. AK is a really strong possibility. as is AA or KK from the three bet. Unless he has a monster, he can't raise me on the turn, I've been too strong to this point. When he calls it looks like a flush draw with some connection to this board, or a slowplayed monster (less likely).

The river is a clear cut value bet if there ever was one. He'll call with a lot of hands I beat, but will not raise with anything shy of a monster due to the amount of agggression I showd PF and the smooth call on the flop.

The smooth call on the flop keeps my hand a mystery.
It could be a monster, It could be a draw, It could be a hand I want to get to showdown with. By raising , it defines my hand a bit more for him. I don't want to give him that info yet.

If he did bet the turn. A raise is difficult to pull off but yet I would still raise there. That is one scary board. and if reraised, I KNOW I'm behind.

Man that was a ramble. But a lot of thought process goes into a hand on the fly but yet it takes me 5 minutes to type. Jeez.

Maybe my NL game helped my limit game after all. Makes me think about every hand on a deeper level than I used to. It used to be just blast away.

Comments?

Bob T.
09-24-2004, 01:55 PM
I like it, but I didn't want to type for five minutes to express all that.

bunky9590
09-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Thanks Bob.

Amazing how fast the brain works yet how slow the fingers type huh?

Anyone else?

bunky9590
09-24-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A turn raise screams "big hand" and is probably more likely to make him let go of something

[/ QUOTE ]
A turn raise at 15-30 implies strength but can mean strong or can mean please go away I want you to fold so I waited until the bets doubled.

If I raised him on the turn I would want him to fold. Because its not likely if he calls the raise that I'm ahead. The turn raise does have its advantages if he does call. I can usually opt for the free showdown if I don't improve.

bunky9590
09-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Exactly bob. In fact its more likely a scare tactic representing a big hand than actually being one. Especially against a tricky MF'er like me.

bunky9590
09-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Co flips over A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I should send him a holiday card.

spamuell
09-25-2004, 04:23 PM
Hi Bunky,

If he has the dreaded AJ (which is a definite possiblility) a raise there sets me up for a turn CR, unless he's dumb enough to three bet the flop.

Why would this be dumb given that a fairly standard heads-up with position play is raise flop, check turn, call/bet river?

If I raised him on the turn I would want him to fold. Because its not likely if he calls the raise that I'm ahead.

I don't know. He open-raised from the CO, I think he's calling you down with any ace he open-raised with, which is likely to be a lot of them, and a fair few lesser hands given that it's heads-up and players get worried about being pushed off hands HU. I think if he just calls it is likely that you are ahead.