Hero bets [250].
calls [250].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4c ]
Hero bets [175].
raises [350].
Hero is all-In.
calls [435].
** Dealing River ** [ Ks ]
shows [ Ah, Ad ] two pairs, aces and fours.
Hero shows [ Qc, Qs ] two pairs, queens and fours.

Do I check after the flop and show some weakness?

I'm thinking I could have checked after the turn using the board 4's as cover. to gain info and limit the loss while still in chip comeback position.
assuming I do nothing else, do I ever check this hand? He did not raise my 3.?xBB raise. No read on player.
Geoff

oscar057
09-24-2004, 11:40 AM
I think its bad luck. You could not put him on a premium hand or a 4. I don't check the flop because I do not want to give a flush draw a free card.

Firefly
09-24-2004, 11:54 AM
I think it was played fine. There was almost NO indication of aces I would think. I would play it the same way, no worries and get back on track

rocflight
09-24-2004, 07:14 PM
I think the mere call by the villain is somewhat marginal with aces. I would have certainly reraised.

After the flop, your pot sized bet indicated that you hit a part of it. But with 2 spades on the board, I think the call by the villain is again marginal. But I suppose he read strength by your bet, but not enough strength to indicate a monster hand. Probably put you on TP or something.

His call on the flop seems to indicate a flush draw here which means if you truly believed that you had the best hand, you needed to push on the turn cause you can't really figure that the 4 helped the guy. I just think the way the villain played aces was a bit unusual. Not sure you could have gotten away from this one.

Rocaix
09-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Villain smooth called with Aces, given it's early it would been tough to put on AA as there are a wide range of hands he could call with in position.

Flop seems pretty standard, you bet out and he smooth called again figuring you for a overpair.

The turn is where it gets interesting, an apparent blank falls and you make a weaker bet and get min-raised. I think at this point you have to suspect something is up and that he has something big that he really wants you to call with.

Getting away from this hand would be tough, especially since you are getting better than 7:1 to call. Although your looking at 2 outs here most likely, so 7:1 wouldn't even be enough to call.

Whether you laydown here or not depends or whether you think you can work with a small stack (T600). But I wouldn't blame you for the push especially after having comiitted nearly half your stack. Although with 20XBB you wouldn't be in a desperate situation.

Geoff
09-25-2004, 02:20 AM
Yes , that is what I was thinking. the reraise on the turn was a suck play that i missed.

Thanks to you all. I think I would check on the 4's next time and see what I could learn