PDA

View Full Version : should I have mucked on flop?

norgule
09-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Im relatively new to Hold'em , I started about two months ago.
On this hand I had a read for UTG as somewhat LAGgy.
When he bet the flop I felt he might have a queen.
My real question here is, how strong do I have to believe I am beat before I lay down to one bet on flop or turn head to head.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.75 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

k000k
09-24-2004, 11:32 AM
You shoulda raised him. If you get 3bet you can fold. He might fold right there, and if he doesn't you might get a free river card.

Greg J
09-24-2004, 11:36 AM
The flop is, IMO, a raise or fold situation. Given your read, plus the fact that you ar HU, I raise this on the flop. I raise this flop against most opponents HU, but against a LAG it's automatic. If he pushed back I would call him down.

[ QUOTE ]
When he bet the flop I felt he might have a queen.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, he might have a Q, or he might have 66 or 44. Or he might have J7o, and is just thinking he can get you to fold. Thinking he might have a queen is simply smart, but letting that affect what you should do is weak tight.

Tight aggressive play means you pick you battles, but fight like a tiger when you choose to.

Sometimes you have to sling your balls over your shoulder and just go for it!

Sent
09-24-2004, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you have to sling your balls over your shoulder and just go for it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds painful

-Sent

wuwei
09-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Yep, raise or fold the flop. If you get re-raised, I'll pay 1 sb to see the turn and then check/fold from there without improvement.

flair1239
09-24-2004, 12:15 PM
I have been working alot on aggression lately, so I amy be going over the top in some of my posts.

Here is my impression. (Warning I am going to use cliches).

1. It is heads-up so it is not unusual for an aggressive player to lead into a PF raiser.

2. You are either ahead, but vulnerable to more overcards. I am crediting him with at least one overcard (your read was he was a LAG, so that is about all I can put him on.) Or you are hopelessly behind.

3. I think this is raise or fold territory. You have position, so if you did raise you would probably get to see a free card. I would not mind folding this hand on the flop though. If you get reraised on the flop, you can probably fold right there (just be aware he might try to mess with you on a later hand.)

4. I think you should have folded on the turn. Two overcards with (1) more to come and the pot is small.

wabe
09-24-2004, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My real question here is, how strong do I have to believe I am beat before I lay down to one bet on flop or turn head to head.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never give yourself the chance to find this out, though. If you want to find out how much he likes his hand, you need to raise the flop.

Did he have a Q or K with some low kicker?

norgule
09-24-2004, 04:56 PM
He had Q5o I think,not real sure about the kicker but it was low.