PDA

View Full Version : NFL Survivor Picks Week 3

mmbt0ne
09-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Ok, I've used the Seahawks in week 1, and the Bengals in week 2. Now, I'm thinking about the Falcons this week against the Cardinals. The only problem is that I'm afraid that I'm just blindly picking against the Cardinals because they're no good. That's the kinda bet that always loses these things for me, picking against a team instead of for one. Anyone feel otherwise?

jamesburke
09-24-2004, 11:45 AM
I took atlanta also. I think there the best play this week, kc and denver both could lose outright, and the seattle has a tough matchup with the 9ers...

Like I said I'd stick with atlanta, hopefully vick will stay healty.

bugstud
09-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Vikings are probably a safe play

mmbt0ne
09-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah, they were my first pick. I'm just not sure about the Bears yet. I'd expect them to have a fall-off after upsetting the Pack, but I'm not sure.

Lori
09-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Seems a good week to get rid of Kansas City to me, they're going to probably have to be used at some point and I don't see a better time than now.

Lori (amateur)

Beerfund
09-24-2004, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see a better time than now.

Lori (amateur)

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout after they prove that they can actually win?

Aces McGee
09-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi Lori

I'd be very careful about picking KC this week. They are at home and desparate for a win, but their defense is playing horribly, they may be without Priest, Green hasn't played well at all, and Kennison and Gonzalez are nursing minor injures.

Houston's Domanick Davis is likely to have a big game like Denver's Quentin Griffin had against the Chiefs in Week 1, and Carr threw the ball well last week.

I don't think KC loses this game more often than it wins, but I think there are better plays (Minnesota, Seattle, even Atlanta) this week.

-McGee

kdog
09-24-2004, 08:43 PM
I think Denver, at home vs. San Diego is the safest pick I've seen this year. Denver has won 4 of the last 5 meetings including 37-13 and 37-8 routs last year. They're playing well and would have beaten Jacksonville last week if Griffin hadn't fumbled deep in JAX territory late in the game. Plus they usually do a pretty good job containing Tomlinson (he has rushed for over 100 yds only once in his career against them).

There are plenty of big favorites to choose from this week but I think the Broncos are the safest.

The Dude
09-24-2004, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nd the seattle has a tough matchup with the 9ers...

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm... if by 'tough' you mean 'incredibly easy,' then you and I are on the same page.

yzerman18
09-24-2004, 11:25 PM
As resident of KC, I would stay far far away from this game. KC has looked terrible, not only on Defense but also on offense. As stated above, Kennison is out, Tony G is limping around & already scheduled for surgery after the season, & Holmes did practice today but he's banged up.

KC's home crowd advantage is not what it use to be due the last half of last season. Everyone out there is just waiting for the D to give up the big play. When the O doesn't score a TD you feel like you've just had your serve broke in the 5th set of the US Open.

In fact the Houston +300 line looks like a resonable bet.

Lori
09-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Seems a good week to get rid of Kansas City to me, they're going to probably have to be used at some point and I don't see a better time than now.

Lori (amateur)

Ooops

mmbt0ne
09-26-2004, 09:30 PM
That was waaaaaay too close. Thankfully I never have to worry about the Falcons pulling one out again.