PDA

View Full Version : Help me find this place. 10$ reward.

The once and future king
09-24-2004, 09:42 AM
I need to find this place.

1. 40-50% Cheaper standard of living than the UK.
2. Lots of surf/ Beaches.
3. Cheap but good accommodation near beach with good broadband access.
4. Somewhere in Asia.

If someone can actual point me in the right direction of finding said place and I decide to go there, I will transfer 10$ into their neteller account or player transfer on Empire/Stars.

If I have multiple answers I will transfer 10$ to whatever I deem the most helpfull response.

HDPM
09-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Search for the poster KJS and have him tell you about Thailand maybe.

sam h
09-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Charlie don't surf, but that shouldn't stop you.

The Nam is very cheap, has pretty good infrastructure (so broadband is fairly likely) for a developing country, and, from what I hear, has some surf beaches.

Thailand is very nice, but I don't think you'll find too much surf there though maybe on the Western side of the southern peninsula you might get something.

Also, I've heard people talk up Bali but I don't know much about it.

Ulysses
09-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Thailand is the obvious answer, but you should look into Spain as well.

kyro
09-25-2004, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thailand is the obvious answer, but you should look into Spain as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dummy.

Fluffington
09-25-2004, 03:25 PM
How about India? It's cheap, there's beaches, great food and quite a few people speak English.

Legian
09-25-2004, 10:42 PM
In Asia there's very little great surfing outside of Indonesia.

Go to Bali. The surf is great, living can be as cheap or as expensive as you want (from $5 a night to $5000 a night), the people are nice, the culture is facinating, and they've just got broadband (I hear) in the Legian/Kuta area.

Legian

jcx
09-26-2004, 03:08 AM
Malaysia. Low cost of living, good infrastructure in the cities. Check out Penang. I believe they are part of the UK Commonwealth so issues with visas/immigration may be easier for you. First-world Singapore is nearby if you need to escape for a few days. If you're the type that likes to smoke a little weed you'd best stay out of SE Asia altogether, they take drugs seriously here and trafficking is a capital offense in most of these countries. Good luck with your search.

The once and future king
09-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Excellent an answer that actualy relates to surf.

Thanks for pointing out those regions. Bali would make an excellent destination.